PDA

View Full Version : Chrome 2 Help

learning
26-05-2009, 12:11 PM
I installed Google Chrome 2 and cant seem to find any option to disable or turn off the "most visited sites" feature which comes up when you click on the new tab link.

If this cant be turned off then its REALLY annoying and is kinda like exposin your privacy by showing graphic description of the the sites you been to :blush:

I just want to either open a blank webpage when clicking on new Tab or just my home page.

Thanks

GameJunkie
26-05-2009, 12:24 PM
when you open a new tab just click remove thumbnails, see if that works

learning
26-05-2009, 01:01 PM
when you open a new tab just click remove thumbnails, see if that works

Yeah that works but i will have to do that everytime i open chrome browser. I would like to change it by default

Blam
26-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Use the Privacy Feature if you want to look at pron:p

GameJunkie
26-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Use the Privacy Feature if you want to look at pron:p

:D

or just run ccleaner and delete browser history..................

OR use incognito

Saucy
26-05-2009, 03:41 PM
I installed Google Chrome 2 and cant seem to find any option to disable or turn off the "most visited sites" feature which comes up when you click on the new tab link.

If this cant be turned off then its REALLY annoying and is kinda like exposin your privacy by showing graphic description of the the sites you been to :blush:

Use another browser, last I checked it's only Opera and Chrome that do this. Firefox and IE are good. Not sure about Safari.

beeswax34
26-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Click on the setting icon in google chrome (the one that looks like a wrench) and click options. Then on the basic tab under "home page" click "open this page" and type a URL that you would like to use as your home page. This will disable the most visited sites and instead open the home page you selected each time you open GC

smurf
26-05-2009, 08:05 PM
If you don't wish your browsing history recorded, open from the Tools menu a New incognito window.

Saucy
26-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Click on the setting icon in google chrome (the one that looks like a wrench) and click options. Then on the basic tab under "home page" click "open this page" and type a URL that you would like to use as your home page. This will disable the most visited sites and instead open the home page you selected each time you open GC

Ah, there had to be an easier answer, that makes sense. :clap

learning
26-05-2009, 09:41 PM

Thanx bees but this only opens Google as home page every time i open a chrome window BUT when i click on new tab, it still opens tab which displays your recent browser history.

Smurf that would be nice but then it just opens a NEW window which i don't want to do everytime.

Maybe Chrome does not allow this (What were they thinking ! )....sucks I am going back to Firefox like Saucy said.

Chrome is Super Fastttt however compared to IE 7.0... . It seems almost like i have upgraded to higher broadband speed :)

beeswax34
26-05-2009, 09:55 PM
How about this:

http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95451

learning
26-05-2009, 10:35 PM
How about this:

http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95451

yea it tells how to delete the thumbnails or browsing history but i couldn't find instructions on that page to turn it off completely so it does not display most visited sites at all when you open a new tab