PDA

View Full Version : No Sympathy

pctek
24-05-2009, 05:06 PM
I had a bit of sympathy for the theif of the bank millions, his business was stuffed, up to the eyeballs in debt.
But not after reading this:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10574205

Morons. I give it 5 minutes before they're all caught.

And then this:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2436604/Everything-must-go-The-TradeMe-family

I quote:
"It was hard telling Porsche that her presents would be sold. Baby brother Jag is too young to know what's going on.
I hadn't looked at the bank account for years and I said, [to Regan] `Oh my God, why didn't you tell me to stop shopping?"'"

More idiots.

Jen
24-05-2009, 06:05 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2436604/Everything-must-go-The-TradeMe-family

I quote:
"It was hard telling Porsche that her presents would be sold. Baby brother Jag is too young to know what's going on.
I hadn't looked at the bank account for years and I said, [to Regan] `Oh my God, why didn't you tell me to stop shopping?"'"

More idiots.Ignoring their choice of names for the kids, it appears they are not too proud to do what it takes to save their business. It would take a lot of guts to give up all your material possessions and go live in a one-bedroom flat rather than lose the company. Yes, they should have planned a bit more with saving rather than spending, but I imagine a lot of people did not imagine the economy would take such a down turn like it has.

prefect
24-05-2009, 06:18 PM
I bet Aroha gets a bit homesick after a while and will want to come home to Blenheim to whanau.
I would rather be poor in New Zealand than a millionaire in communist china, rich people there need connections from the commy party and local police chief or ****loads of money for security. Thats because the triad ARE going to relieve him of his money and may relieve him of a heart beat as well.
My wife is chinese and she tells all the rellies we are just peasants in New Zealand.
As far as naming the kids after crap cars just shows what idiots the parents are.

pctek
24-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Ignoring their choice of names for the kids.......... I imagine a lot of people did not imagine the economy would take such a down turn like it has.

Loads of things can and do happen other than recessions.
Then she'd bother looking at the bank account?
I think the names indicate their attitude.

bk T
24-05-2009, 09:57 PM
I bet Aroha gets a bit homesick after a while and will want to come home to Blenheim to whanau.
I would rather be poor in New Zealand than a millionaire in communist china, rich people there need connections from the commy party and local police chief or ****loads of money for security. Thats because the triad ARE going to relieve him of his money and may relieve him of a heart beat as well.
My wife is chinese and she tells all the rellies we are just peasants in New Zealand.
As far as naming the kids after crap cars just shows what idiots the parents are.

So you reckon the present China is still the good old 'Communist China'?

somebody
24-05-2009, 10:21 PM

China has certainly made some great progress over the last decade or so, but it still has a long way to go.

beeswax34
24-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Calm down Prefect...

gary67
25-05-2009, 07:56 AM
It seems the triads have an answer for everything, hmmmm I wonder if they would.......

prefect
25-05-2009, 08:15 AM

Its still commy china, one party rule.

Deane F
25-05-2009, 01:17 PM

I'd rather have a Porsche than a (Ford) Prefect...

wratterus
25-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Calm your farm...

Metla
25-05-2009, 02:08 PM
I didn't know any of the people mentioned in the news articles were looking for anybodies sympathy....

Sweep
25-05-2009, 03:51 PM
http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=100564&fm=psp,tst

sammo450
25-05-2009, 04:05 PM
If you think Porsche and Jaguar are 'crap', what do you classify as good?

prefect
25-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Ford

gary67
25-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Ford

Oh come on get real they are just as crap as the opposition.

Try
Aston for a boy or Lambo

Fiat for a girl or Suzuki

prefect
25-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Wolseley and Riley ok

Sweep
26-05-2009, 01:28 AM
Wolseley and Riley ok

What. No slow winds like Zephyrs for example?

Did not like the Zephyr Mark 4
Too much like a box!

Mind you my Toyota RAV4 looks like a box also.

prefect
26-05-2009, 08:30 AM
Probably why there was no Mark 5

bk T
26-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Its still commy china, one party rule.

If you think that the present China is still the same as the 'good old communist' China, good on you!

Nothing wrong with 'one party rule'; China and Singapore are good examples. Well, you may say that Singapore is NOT a 'one party rule' nation - you are technically right but in reality, it's 99% close to 'one party rule'.

In my view, these 2 nations are very successful, in general. Their people (citizens) are happy with their government; their govt provide them jobs, homes, healthcare, peace, security & stability, education, etc., etc. As long as their citizens are happy with their government, who are we to comment that their system is good or bad? Just a short comparison: to construct a 10 km stretch of world standard road, How long it's going to take for China/Singapore to complete and how long it's going to take for New Zealand/India to complete?

What you think is the best system may not necessarily be suitable for others. Every 'system' has its advantages and disadvantages. There isn't any 'system' that fits in all situations. Have an open mind to look at the world and respect their people's choices. If their people don't like their system, they will find a way to change it. After all, it's their nation, none of our business. As the old saying goes: One man's food is another man's poison.

Of course, you have the freedom to 'think' whatever you like, I fully respect you rights.

somebody
26-05-2009, 01:06 PM
If you think that the present China is still the same as the 'good old communist' China, good on you!

Nothing wrong with 'one party rule'; China and Singapore are good examples. Well, you may say that Singapore is NOT a 'one party rule' nation - you are technically right but in reality, it's 99% close to 'one party rule'.

In my view, these 2 nations are very successful, in general. Their people (citizens) are happy with their government; their govt provide them jobs, homes, healthcare, peace, security & stability, education, etc., etc. As long as their citizens are happy with their government, who are we to comment that their system is good or bad? Just a short comparison: to construct a 10 km stretch of world standard road, How long it's going to take for China/Singapore to complete and how long it's going to take for New Zealand/India to complete?

What you think is the best system may not necessarily be suitable for others. Every 'system' has its advantages and disadvantages. There isn't any 'system' that fits in all situations. Have an open mind to look at the world and respect their people's choices. If their people don't like their system, they will find a way to change it. After all, it's their nation, none of our business. As the old saying goes: One man's food is another man's poison.

Of course, you have the freedom to 'think' whatever you like, I fully respect you rights.

If everyone (or at least the majority) was happy with the government, then they would have no need to maintain one-party rule. They could easily open up democracy, and be voted in time and time again. The point is, if there's no way for people to express their satisfaction or dissatisfaction with a government, then there is no way for us to assume that they are actually happy.

My personal opinion is that I'd rather sacrifice some efficiency and growth, in order to have the freedom we have here - for me, life isn't all about economic development and wealth.

Metla
26-05-2009, 01:10 PM
The point is, if there's no way for people to express their satisfaction or dissatisfaction with a government, then there is no way for us to assume that they are actually happy.

Of course they can demonstrate their dissatisfaction, They merely have to stand in front of a tank.

bk T
26-05-2009, 01:18 PM
If everyone (or at least the majority) was happy with the government, then they would have no need to maintain one-party rule. They could easily open up democracy, and be voted in time and time again. The point is, if there's no way for people to express their satisfaction or dissatisfaction with a government, then there is no way for us to assume that they are actually happy.

My personal opinion is that I'd rather sacrifice some efficiency and growth, in order to have the freedom we have here - for me, life isn't all about economic development and wealth.

"Democracy" depends on how you interpret it. As I mentioned earlier, we can't apply 'A' set of democracy to all situations.

I belief people of those nations have the WISDOM to build their own nations. They know what to do and what not to do for their nation and people.

I'm more concerned and interested in our own Government rather than others. :D

prefect
26-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Comparing Singapore and commy china doesnt compute. The only thing they have in common is they are chinese.
For a start the commy party is banned in Singapore.
Singapore not really a one party state other than the fact the idiots in singapore just vote for the PAP party every election.
Sure a couple of brave Indian dudes have tried to stand as independents but ol Lee Yuan Yews boys know how to take out upstarts like them by prosecuting them for a make believe crime then say they cant stand as MPs because they have a criminal record!
Not fair but blardy smart I say.
Commy china might not be using Mr K Marxs handbook on communism to the letter but they are still a commy country like North Korea with an atrocious human rights record.
The commies will fall there soon this recession might be key to start another revolution.

bk T
26-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Comparing Singapore and commy china doesnt compute. The only thing they have in common is they are chinese.
For a start the commy party is banned in Singapore.
Singapore not really a one party state other than the fact the idiots in singapore just vote for the PAP party every election.
Sure a couple of brave Indian dudes have tried to stand as independents but ol Lee Yuan Yews boys know how to take out upstarts like them by prosecuting them for a make believe crime then say they cant stand as MPs because they have a criminal record!
Not fair but blardy smart I say.
Commy china might not be using Mr K Marxs handbook on communism to the letter but they are still a commy country like North Korea with an atrocious human rights record.
The commies will fall there soon this recession might be key to start another revolution.

Firstly, the present China's communism is only in name. One could hardly smell any sign of communism in the modern China. If you think that N Korea is similar to China, I would say that you've lost touch with the outside world (pardon me). Human rights? The USA has got no human rights issues? Human rights is again how one interprets it!

Secondly, we're talking about 'one party rule' here and as I said earlier, Singapore is very similar to China. Again, if you think that the only thing that China and Singapore have in common is, they are all Chinese; then it fits in exactly as I said above - you've lost touch with the outside world (pardon me again)!

Thirdly, who are you to criticize that the vast majority of the people in Singapore are 'idiots'? Don't you know that you've offended at least 2.4m Singaporeans? Of course, you've the rights of speech but that doesn't mean that you can condemn others with such strong words! Is this your model of 'democracy'? Please respect the decisions of 2.4m Singaporean. They have made the right (and wise) decision, I think. It's their livelihood and happiness, not others.

Lastly, but not least, you reckon China will collapse in the current financial crisis? Ho, ho, ho.

However, I do respect your views, although I do not agree with you.

Twelvevolts
26-05-2009, 10:54 PM
I belief people of those nations have the WISDOM to build their own nations. They know what to do and what not to do for their nation and people.

:D

"Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it." - Winston Churchill