Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default Panasonic KX-P1121 Margin Problems

    I'm having a networked KX-P1121 setup via D-Link print server in my office and PCs are on WinXP OS. The problems here is when printing a custom size paper 5.5" X 9.5", it just keep on printout wrong margin setting. Is it this printer doesn't support 9.5" width as there will be second page printed. But to my understanding it should support up to 10" on width?! Any solution on this?

  2. #2
    Pedantic Bloke Sweep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tokoroa
    Posts
    7,671

    Default Re: Panasonic KX-P1121 Margin Problems

    Are you trying to print custom invoices or statements?

    This on a dot matrix printer I think.

    Are the correct drivers installed and you print from what accounting software?
    Last edited by Sweep; 21-05-2009 at 03:16 AM.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5

    Question Re: Panasonic KX-P1121 Margin Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
    Are you trying to print custom invoices or statements?

    This on a dot matrix printer I think.

    Are the correct drivers installed and you print from what accounting software?

    Yes, i'm trying to print a payslip on this dot matrix printer. I assume the correct driver being installed as i'm using WinXP OS, when adding new printer, just adding Panasonic KX-P1121 printer. Even if i download this printer driver i assume it's the same, right?!

    I'm using "custom made" payroll system and all this while i'm using Epson dot matrix and there's no problems. Wonder why this happen?? Actually, i'm using two printer, one for report printing(Printonix) and one for payslip(KX-P1121) Both printer connected via D-Link print server.

    Anyone have any idea??? I understand some printer have utilities like monitoring printer status and etc.. any utilities for this printer that i can use?
    Last edited by Sealsmaster; 23-05-2009 at 03:28 AM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Plimmerton
    Posts
    2,717

    Default Re: Panasonic KX-P1121 Margin Problems

    The old Panasonic dot-matrix printer. Remember them well. Please take it easy on me because I am dredging up stuff from WAY back!!

    Basically, the printer needs to be sent codes to set the width and page length as it will default to A4. Normally, you would expect the accounting software to do this but, if it is not set up to do this with a specific printer, you need to do it externally e.g. via a batch file. It sounds like your software was sending codes out to the Epson but these would be different from the Panasonic.

    Do you have a manual for the KX-P1121? The manual will list the control codes which are typically the ESC followed by other codes.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Plimmerton
    Posts
    2,717

    Default Re: Panasonic KX-P1121 Margin Problems

    Maybe it isn't easy to send codes to a networked ptr under XP?? My experience is a bit historical! Perhaps someone else can comment.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Plimmerton
    Posts
    2,717

    Default Re: Panasonic KX-P1121 Margin Problems


  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Plimmerton
    Posts
    2,717

    Default Re: Panasonic KX-P1121 Margin Problems

    OK, I have been going all round your problem so here's another go.

    Specs Panasonic KX-P1121

    * 24-Pin Dot Matrix printer

    * Maximum Draft speed of 240 cps
    * Maximum LQ speed of 80 cps
    * 11.7" carriage width, 9" print line
    * Easy-set operator panel: controls over 10 functions
    * Fonts: 3 Draft, 3 LQ
    * Buffer size: 14K (standard), 32K (optional)
    * Push tractor/rear and top friction feeds
    * Pinbelt tractor feed for easier paper loading
    * Epson and IBM compatibility
    * Centronic parallel interface

    Looks like 9" is max printing width.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Panasonic KX-P1121 Margin Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by linw View Post
    I did this already and i can find the custom paper size! Just that the printout is still out of margin

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Panasonic KX-P1121 Margin Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by linw View Post
    OK, I have been going all round your problem so here's another go.

    Specs Panasonic KX-P1121

    * 24-Pin Dot Matrix printer

    * Maximum Draft speed of 240 cps
    * Maximum LQ speed of 80 cps
    * 11.7" carriage width, 9" print line
    * Easy-set operator panel: controls over 10 functions
    * Fonts: 3 Draft, 3 LQ
    * Buffer size: 14K (standard), 32K (optional)
    * Push tractor/rear and top friction feeds
    * Pinbelt tractor feed for easier paper loading
    * Epson and IBM compatibility
    * Centronic parallel interface

    Looks like 9" is max printing width.
    Meaning that's totally no way to do a printing on 9.5" width!?

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Panasonic KX-P1121 Margin Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by linw View Post
    The old Panasonic dot-matrix printer. Remember them well. Please take it easy on me because I am dredging up stuff from WAY back!!

    Basically, the printer needs to be sent codes to set the width and page length as it will default to A4. Normally, you would expect the accounting software to do this but, if it is not set up to do this with a specific printer, you need to do it externally e.g. via a batch file. It sounds like your software was sending codes out to the Epson but these would be different from the Panasonic.

    Do you have a manual for the KX-P1121? The manual will list the control codes which are typically the ESC followed by other codes.

    Sorry to say, i don't have the manual!!

Similar Threads

  1. SNR Margin Has A Spastic Fit And Then
    By w000t in forum PressF1
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2007, 06:54 PM
  2. SNR margin good or not?
    By lance4k in forum PressF1
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-01-2007, 09:30 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18-01-2007, 02:57 PM
  4. ms word margin question
    By artpepper in forum PressF1
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 13-12-2002, 11:00 AM
  5. HTML/CSS margin issue
    By antmannz in forum PressF1
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-09-2002, 08:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •