Default Do I have bluetooth? How does it work??

I have a laptop (HP NX9100)and a mobile phone with bluetooth? How do I connect these buggers so I can transfer photo's and ringtones?

Default Re: Do I have bluetooth? How does it work??

First you'll have to pair the two. So, they can communicate with each other

You'll have to select the BT option on the mobile / enable it, and then make it discoverable / always visible. So the laptop can pick it up

Theres probably some program on the laptop to do this. If there isnt, you'll have to download a program

It also depends on what the mobile supports, on what it can transfer

Our ( mine and wifes Cell Phones) both have bluetooth.

We plug in a Bluetooth Dongle One like this - basically looks like a USB Drive ( but its not) - our phones came with the Nokia Software - you load in the Software on the PC/Laptop - open it Select search for phone and follow the prompts through.

The phones already been set to activate bluetooth. The Nokia software scans for any devices, finds the Phone, asks to connect, you connect it and the phones now talking to the PC.

We dont bother with the wizards to transfer data, simply go into My Computer, and there is the Bluetooth connection - just open the folders on the phone as if it were a LAN connection - copy/paste, delete what ever.

They have a range of about 100Mtrs so it says, we have been to the other end of the room and the signal starts to get a bit weak.

The range is not like wireless - its mainly for closer objects to the PC etc.
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Speeeedy!! How are you?? Yep bluetooth on the mobile is enabled, and made it visable for laptop, however, in the configuration screen of the laptop it says bluetooth configuration when I double click this it says: "bluetooth device not found". The phone is nearbye but is not recognize. What program do you suggest speedy?

Interesting wainuitech! So basicly I need a dongle?? Can I get them from Dick Smith?

You May ?? Depending on what the laptop has. DSE has them for around $30.00 I think

Our ones are PC's I built, so they dont come with Bluetooth.
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Bluetooth icom is displayed by the clock, but clicking on it, it keeps saying "bluetooth device not found" When I go into control panel there is a bluetooth icon (bluetooth configuration) When double clicking that it says "Bluetooth device not found"

Well you shouldnt need an adapter, if the laptop has BT on it, and the phone has BT on it

All you have to find out, is whether the laptop has a program or something on it to communicate with the mobile

Only program I can think of is bluesoleil, BUT it isnt free.

I'm using an ASUS BT dongle here. It came with a cd and a program, so it can communicate with the mobile I brought about 2 weeks ago

I take it the laptop is on the net?

The BT icon on the taskbar is it running?? / right mouse on it does it say stop or start the bluetooth device?
    Last edited by Speedy Gonzales; 07-01-2009 at 02:01 PM.

Both our phones are Nokia's - Both came with a CD containing their software.

What make and model of phone do you have ?

you may have to install the software on the Laptop for it to work - I know our PC's installed the Bluetooth software automatically, but wouldn't work till the phones software was installed.

Quote Originally Posted by mark1978 View Post
    Bluetooth icom is displayed by the clock, but clicking on it, it keeps saying "bluetooth device not found" When I go into control panel there is a bluetooth icon (bluetooth configuration) When double clicking that it says "Bluetooth device not found"
    Have a look in your device manager under the "Bluetooth Radios" section and see what bluetooth hardware you have.

Check you have the bluetooth turned on as I see the notebook has a button to turn the wireless on/off.

You normally do not need to install any additional software to transfer photos and ring tones. All you do is right click on the file you wish to send to the phone and select Send to.. Bluetooth device and follow the wizard.

Like wise on the phone there is normally on option to send pictures or videos via bluetooth. Just make a note of where it is being saved on the PC.