Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How do I find out my wireless network password?

If your just looking to find the password behind some asterisks try using snadboy revelation it will show you the password behind them

Exclamation Re: How do I find out my wireless network password?

pcuserwinvista
    You say "IIRC Jamuz has what you need in his signature (how to set up an ad-hoc network)." Er? Sorry, really starting to think I've opened a can of worms here!
    wainuitech
    I'm confident that the router is not wireless. I have no access to wireless internet. Had a look at Add/Remove programs installed and there is a Linksys Wireless-G Adapter but no software installed on the start menu. So will dig out the CD and see what happens when inserted. Hopefully a menu with things to install. Not sure what I've done there, sorry. There IS a wireless icon showing in the system tray, but it basically states "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection" So me thinks I have not installed something.... therefore, back to the CD! Will try that later as I have to go out now and will get back to this as soon as I'm back!

gary67
    Thanks for that, will have a look!

Regards,
    Adrain
    If power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely, how comes I just get thrown across the room when I plug my finger in the power socket?

Default Re: How do I find out my wireless network password?

I think you need to start from the beginning.
    1. What type of internet connection do you have on your main computer?
    2. If this is broad-band you will have a router, what is the make and model this?
    3. How does the router connect to your main computer, wireless or with an ethernet cable?

note. Wireless internet is different than wireless local network, which I think you are trying to set up to get the internet on your new computer.
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

Question Re: How do I find out my wireless network password?

CRICKY! Where has the time gone! Been busy, then Xmas hit! Sorry! Well I guess people may not be 'watching' this thread any more, but here goes any way.

I think you may be right Rob99 and to answer your questions:
    1: Broadband
    2: Make, model, hmm, well, it says on the case "ntl 250" but I think from memory it is a Voyager 205 cable modem with both USB and eithernet cable connections.
    3: I use the eithernet connection.

I've got a feeling that my saying that I would, if needed, remove the wireless adaptor may come to be. I also feel that I may not have set up a wireless internet connetion at all in the past but like you say Robb99, a wireless network. I also think that what I need IS a wireless network set up with internet connection shareing enabled!?!?!

Perhaps I should open another thread on that??!!

Regards,
    Adrain
    If power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely, how comes I just get thrown across the room when I plug my finger in the power socket?