Question check box symbol in ms word 2003

Can anyone tell me where in the symbols fields I can find the CHECK BOX symbol. The on-line computer course I am doing says it is in "wingdings". I can find plenty of box- like symbols, but none-when inserted into a document-will allow me to go inside it to put in a tick or dot mark.

Default Re: check box symbol in ms word 2003

Open A word Document - Click on View - toolbars...open the "forms" toolbar...the check box is on it.

Click the Check box to insert - Whole path Shown Here. It will put a check box where ever the cruiser is.

To make it a feature always available, drag and drop the box to the tool bar location Example
    Last edited by wainuitech; 27-10-2008 at 11:58 AM.
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

If Murphy's laws are so true then how come I can log onto this site and submi............ [Page Not Found - error message 404]

Hi. Or do you mean the 'tick, itself; It's in 'Insert', 'Symbol', (Font) 'Arial Unicode MS', row approx 163 (when 'Subset' is listed as 'Dingbats'). Cheers.

And there are a range of 'boxes' in each of (Font) 'Monotype Sorts', 'Symbols', 'Times New Roman' and (yes) 'Wingdings'.

Cheers.
    Last edited by A Team; 27-10-2008 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Additional info

Thanks wainuitech. I did as you instructed, but am still unable to use it as a check (or tick) box. I am unable to insert anything into it (as with the other boxes previously mentioned). Please help further if possible.

You can make it so the check Boxes are able to have a cross in , on the forms tool bar, click the lock to enable, then they can be ticked ( Xed), if you notice the formatting now grays out

Example 1 before locked & Example 2 locked and Xed

Note: this is not my field of daily work I know there is a way to make ticks instead of X's , just have to look it up. Hope this is what you want.

After thought - there is another way to add in check boxes --- View > Toolbars > Control Toolbox, the check box appears, but I cant for the life of me figure out how to change the default text -- Brains in off mode still
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

If Murphy's laws are so true then how come I can log onto this site and submi............ [Page Not Found - error message 404]

Add to above - Have a read through This article as well