Smile Picture "SAVE AS" Folders

Hi one and all

I have just been downloading some pictures and thought that it would be a good idea to add a folder for my default save location.

Using XPPro, Windows Internet Explorer, right click on pic/file to save and dialoge box labled "SAVE PICTURES" opens
    The only options available in the left hand pane are "My Recent Docs", "Desktop" ,"My Docs", "My Comp" and "My Network Places"
    I wish to add to this pane/list my "DATA" folder
    I have added folders when the "SAVE FILE" dialogue box is open as there is a
    "Tools" function there to do this. This fuction is not available in the "SAVE PICTURES" pane
    Can anyone assist please.

Cheers
    Nothing shows a manís character more than what he laughs at.

Default Re: Picture "SAVE AS" Folders

The my pictures folder is by default located in My docs so can you not browse through the My docs to the My pics folder?
    If it is not broke, don't make it broker by trying to make it better. (This applies specifically to PJ)

Brook Waimarama sanctuary
    3D printing

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Harry View Post
    I have just been downloading some pictures and thought that it would be a good idea to add a folder for my default save location.

Using XPPro, Windows Internet Explorer, right click on pic/file to save and dialoge box labled "SAVE PICTURES" opens
    The only options available in the left hand pane are "My Recent Docs", "Desktop" ,"My Docs", "My Comp" and "My Network Places"
    I wish to add to this pane/list my "DATA" folder

Cheers
    Why not just click in the drop down box and navigate to your new folder?
    wipe your paws.

Thats exactly what I do now. Just being lazy and trying to take a couple of "clicks" out of the equation.

Cheers
    HH

Easy Enough to change the default location - requires a registry Hack, but I can see it being a pain in the Butt, the default location is Usually My Documents.

Example, you have photos, that are in the My Pictures folder, call it Family Photos so you want to open the folder " Family Photos" by default instead of My Documents. --My Pictures\Family photos.

MAKE A RESTORE point FIRST.

Next click on start/run type in regedit navigate to the following keys

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Personal

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Personal

When you get to the Shell Folders, on the right look for the "Personal" key Example Double click it to expand and add in the remainder of the path to the folder Example In red:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Your User name\My Documents\My Pictures\Family Photos

Close the Key then go to the other Key location and do the same, reboot NOW when ever you click file save as, the default location will be Family photos, Not My Documents

THE MAIN ONE YOU WANT

The other way if you are downloading photos/items and you want to change the default locations, or add in custom locations on the Left menu is look at This article here I changed it to show - when I now download anything it will only give one location on the left , which I set to C:\Downloads Example Instead of the normal lists.TweakUI setting for custom folder
    Last edited by wainuitech; 17-10-2008 at 07:14 PM.
    MURPHIES LAW THOUGH ILLOGICAL as per NORMAL IS ACTUALLY THE MOST LOGICAL SOLUTION OF ALL.

New Forum

You could have the folder open, then just drag the image from the website into the folder. Just one click required.
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

[QUOTE=wainuitech;719265]Easy Enough to change the default location - requires a registry Hack, but I can see it being a pain in the Butt, the default location is Usually My Documents.

Thanks W-T

I will have a look at this and see if I can make it work