Default Out of memory at line: 1

Hi guys,

Hoping some1 can help me, I got my other issue fixed and then something else happens!!

I was just on the net and then the error 'Out of memory at line: 1' started popping up constantly, I have no idea why. There is plenty of memory left on the computer cos I just checked.

Can any1 help please??

Default Re: Out of memory at line: 1

What other issue?
    HOME-LianLi PC-9F,ASRock P67Pro3, i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8Gb HyperX, ASUS GTX660 OC, Corsair Force 120 SSD, HP zIPS22", HOME SERVER HP ML110G6 HOST-Plex\Ubuntu\8

(Was a microphone fault in Skype).

We will need more details, any more info in the warning window when it pops up (like paths to the faulting program or file), what is your computer's specifications/operating system/brand/ram memory/hard disk drive capacity etc (as much as you can tell us, otherwise its like trying to find how long a piece of string is ).
    One thing it could possibly be, is your HDD is full to the point where the swap file (virtual memory, a space used on your hard drive to cache parts of running programs, especially if installed RAM memory is not a large amount i.e. 256MB or less (common on older Dells and such)), cannot hold enough to run the program that's complaining (left-click My Computer (or Computer in Vista) in Start Menu, right-click the HDD you want to check and click Properties in that menu to see how much room you have got, should be 300-500MB at least); best fix for this is to delete or copy any data/files you dont need, elsewhere to free up space (another drive/cds etc).

What did your friend do to fix the mic problem, perhaps a possible cause for this problem?
    "...anyone who expects a source of power from the transformation
    of these atoms is talking moonshine..."
    - Ernest Rutherford (1871-1937)

--------------------------

Heck is a place for people who don't believe in gosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle37 View Post
    I was just on the net and then the error 'Out of memory at line: 1' started popping up constantly
    I take it you are using Internet Explorer?

A couple of things to try:
    In IE go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab. Scroll down to the "Browsing" section. Remove the check mark beside "Display a notification about every script error" and put a check mark beside "Disable script debugging". Click OK.

If you have Internet Explorer 7 (has tabs), then go > Tools > Internet Options > Browsing History > Delete button. Then click delete "Temporary Internet Files".

If you have Internet Explorer 6, then go > Tools > Internet Options > General Tab. Under the Temporary Internet Files section, click delete files and OK.

Let us know how you get on and if you are still seeing the error message.

There was an IE update in June that caused this problem which MS were aware of and made an update fix to cure the problem.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, GTX 560 TI 1GB DDR5 graphics card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2233WM LCD 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD

To fix the sound issue in skype he went to skype, tools, options, audio settings and unchecked the box that says 'Let Skype adjust my audio settings' and now that's all good.

Nothing else pops up except the 'Out of memory at line:1' and out of virtual memory also popped up once.

There''s 48gb in total 38gb is free. Run's Window's XP, HP Intel Celeron. 420@ 1.60 GHz. 248 MB of RAM. Found something called total paging file size for all drives which is at 372 mb.

Jen - went to the advanced tab in internet options and the checks that you talked about were already as you said they should be, deleted browsing history.

Will see how it goes in the next few days I guess, thanks for your ideas every1.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle37 View Post

There''s 48gb in total 38gb is free. Run's Window's XP, HP Intel Celeron. 420@ 1.60 GHz. 248 MB of RAM.
    Found something called total paging file size for all drives which is at 372 mb.
    If it was my computer I'd fit some more ram, this is not really enough to run XP efficiently, will run faster and smoother if you fit at least another 256MB (more is better tho!), usually $20-$40 (depends where you buy it), you'll need to find out what type you'd need, go to HP site and type in your computers product number here.

The paging file size would appear to be incorrect; on my XP machine (with a fresh install of the OS) and a 80GB C: drive and a 30 GB D: drive, is showing (under System Properties>Advanced tab>Performance>Settings>Advanced tab>Virtual Memory>Settings>Change) Initial Size=1536Mb and Maximum Size=3072Mb under the Custom Size button.
    This may be your problem, try changing the Custom Size to something similar or switch to System Managed Size and see if that helps .
    "...anyone who expects a source of power from the transformation
    of these atoms is talking moonshine..."
    - Ernest Rutherford (1871-1937)

--------------------------

Heck is a place for people who don't believe in gosh.