Default -error RTL100.bpl

Hi,

The above error shows in my XP Pro after all the preliminary features are finished starting
    "This program cannot be found -error RTL100.bpl,program may have to be re installed".
    Something similar, but not the same as this came up on this pooter fairly recently-I actually asked a tech, privately, if he knew what it is, but as it is the weekend he is away and I do not want to abuse the fact I have his e mail address,hence the having to ask this forum.

It does not affect my useage in any way, but the similarity to the last one causes irritation--I entered " msconfig" in start/run but it is not there

effie c

Default Re: -error RTL100.bpl

What programs have you uninstalled recently?

It could be Spyware doctor thats giving you this error

Hi Jen&Speedy G,

Dead on !---I have had the free side of Spyware Doctor installed on this pooter-converted to and making it a paid version when an update came in,so I uninstalled it and reloaded from a free Google package

I discussed this with smithie 38 and he sent me the address of the Google Package with the still free S/D in it- and it worked

If I go into msconfig as I had done,not long ago and succeeded in removing an unasked for entry- if I remove that,S/d then re download the Google version, will I be able to carry on-

effie c

Hi all,

I removed pctstray.exe which matches the error window reading and when fired up the pooter could not finish booting up
    had to a systems restore to get it back- now what?
    It does appear to be connected with the removal of the old Spyware Doctor- but that does not show in pctstray.exe

effie c

Uninstall it, it causes nothing but probs. By the sounds of it

If you have ccleaner remove its entry in startup

Hi,

Speedy you must have quite a superior intelligence as compared to the likes of myself
    Spot on- and now everthing is back to normal--even more embarressing this pooter started nearly freezing,this morning but not quite,so, on a whim I uninstalled even the Google spyware Doc package - and again speed is back to normal
    I would like to use S/D as the free version found a critical intrusion and which I was able to remove-this speed thing appears to be more recent- should it be redownloaded and installed ?

However thank you again

effie c

Hi all,

Speedy and Jen are both correct in that my trouble must have been a corrupted download of S/d.

I used regseeker and XP search, found a multiplicity of S/d data> deleted all and included the "downloads>s/d set up in downloads folder which was still there->( wiped that too)> went to the site http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/google_pack/
    and started afresh- now I have a perfectly functioning version of Spyware Doctor and, AND, my pooter is as fast as ever and everything is working as it should

I prefer Spyware Doctor to Spybot which is laborious at best

In that site there is a choice of Adobe etc, ignore them and only concentrate on S/D

effie c