Default Can't send invoices in MYOB via email

I have just put all my info onto another hard drive and now I can not send invoices to clients via email.
    When this is carried out the computer completely freezes, nothing will work and I have to turn the machine off.
    All help appreciated.

Computer Tech

Default Re: Can't send invoices in MYOB via email

Do you have the MYOB printer installed? It is justa PDF file printer.
    You could try installing Adobe Acrobat Reader and see if that fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    I have just put all my info onto another hard drive and now I can not send invoices to clients via email.
    When this is carried out the computer completely freezes, nothing will work and I have to turn the machine off.
    All help appreciated.
    Does the new computer have a correctly configured email package that supports MAPI?

I have no idea if it supports map how do I go about setting it up?

How do I email an MYOB document?
    When emailing from MYOB, your document is converted to a PDF format and attached to an email. This email is then placed in the “Outbox” of your default email program.

To email an MYOB document, first display it, then click on Send To > E-mail. The E-mail window will appear with the email address, subject line text and a brief message, all entered in their respective fields.

When emailing Invoices, Purchases, Quotes or Orders, the email address is taken from the Customer/Supplier’s card.

Also, MYOB will use the invoice or purchase order form that is linked to the Customer/Supplier’s card. You can select a different form by clicking on the Selected Form drop-down arrow. When emailing reports, all email fields will be left blank.

Can I change MYOB’s default email Subject line or message?
    The default Subject and Message in the email window can be changed by placing your cursor in the field and over typing the existing text. Note: This will not change the default message permanently, it only sends the altered message for the particular document being sent.

Is MYOB compatible with my email program?
    Any MAPI compliant email program is suitable for taking advantage of MYOB’s email function. MAPI (Messaging Application Programming Interface) is a Windows program protocol that allows you to send an email from within a Windows application, such as MYOB.

Some MAPI compliant email programs include: Microsoft Outlook (97 and later), Netscape Messenger (Version 4 and later), Outlook & Outlook Express (Version 4 and later), Qualcomm's Eudora (all versions) and Pegasus Mail (Version 3 and later).
    If your email program isn’t listed here, then contact the program vendor to confirm that it is MAPI compliant.

Troubleshooting Tips

MYOB sends the email to the incorrect email program
    Emails are passed from MYOB to the Windows default email program. To set the Windows default email program, please follow the below steps for your operating system.

Windows: Open the Windows Control Panel and double click on the Internet Options icon. Click on the Programs tab then click on the E-mail drop down arrow. Select the desired default email program then click on Apply.

Apple Mac: Click on the Apple > Control Panels > Internet > E-mail. Click on the Default E-mail Application drop down arrow and select the desired default email program.

These steps may vary slightly depending on the version of your operating system.

Emails aren’t appearing in my email program’s Outbox
    It maybe that you have more than one email program installed on your computer. If so, check to see if your emails appear in the Outbox of those email programs. If they appear there, check the default email program as per the above; MYOB sends the email to the incorrect email program.

The error Message, "Can not load MAPI32.dll", is displayed when emailing from MYOB
    MYOB’s fax and email functions rely on a Microsoft system file named Mapi32.dll. This file is installed with Microsoft Outlook Express and is located in the C:\Windows\System32 folder.

The Fixmapi.exe tool is included with Windows XP and Vista to detect and aid in resolving conflicts with Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) files that may affect your ability to send and receive mail and faxes from other programs.

The file can be run from your C:\Windows\System32 folder

Fixmapi.exe does not replace the current mapi32.dll file if the file is marked as read-only.

Error message - ACC2000: "A Program Is Trying to Send..." Message with SendObject Macro or Method (Q263084)
    This error affects Microsoft Outlook users only. Microsoft has released an Outlook program update to resolve this error. The update can be downloaded from Microsoft’s website: www.microsoft.com

Error message - c++ debug asertion failed. dbgheap.c line 622
    One or both of the following cause this error:

* The customised form being emailed is from a previous version of MYOB.
    * The customised form being emailed contains a logo.

There are two methods of overcoming this error.

1. Open the customised form and click on Save As. Saving the form with a different name will refresh the customised form file.
    2. Open the customised form and delete the logo.
    3. Click on Save As and save the customised form with a different name. This too will refresh the customised form file.
    4. Reinsert the logo and press Save.
    5. If the customised form was linked to a card, open the card then click on the Selling Details (customer card) or Purchasing Details tab.
    6. Click on the Layout drop down arrow and select the new form.

Email recipient not receiving the PDF attachment
    This sometimes occurs when the sender is using Microsoft Outlook and the recipient is using Microsoft Outlook Express. The PDF file will be attached to the email in the Outbox of Outlook, but when sent, the recipient will receive the email, but without the attachment.

To overcome this, re-send the email from Outlook’s Sent folder; or, save the MYOB document as a PDF file and use your email program to attach it to an email. To save an MYOB document as a PDF file, display the document then click on Send To > PDF.

Please note: As part of our quality control, our investigations have concluded that the fault is not with your MYOB software. Our findings are based on:

* The PDF file is attached to the email when viewed in Outlook’s Outbox folder.
    * The recipient will receive the PDF attachment when resent from Outlook’s Sent folder.
    * MYOB meets ALL required MAPI protocol specifications. These specifications are set by external IT bodies.

Email recipients claim my emails include a Winmail.dat file
    This is caused by the Rich Text Format settings of your email program. For information on preventing the Winmail.dat file attachment being sent with your emails, please visit Microsoft’s website: http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;Q138053&

Thanks for the detailed info.
    The problem I am having is
    I have an invoice for a client with goods etc on it, I go to "send to", "email", "send", "outlook Express" "send", then the computer just freezes.
    I get the message "report status, putting message into your outgoing mail folder".
    When I restart the computer the file is in the outging email folder as is sent without a problem.
    So as I see it the problem is from MYOB to the outgoing email folder.
    Hope that is of some help.

The problem is with your MAPI
    Follow the steps above.

The MYOB product has NO email engine or printer drivers in the software, hence there are no email or printer related errors coming from the software.

The problem is inside your email client.

Desade it seems like you know what you are talking about, can I ask you what I should look at inside my email client?
    Keep in mind I am no techy, I can stumble my way around the computer.
    I appreciate your input.
    Gill A