Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ichat for Windows?

Hi, does anyone know where to download ichat for Windows? I have searched the Apple site and can find the update for it, but not the actual software.
    I heard that it is available, and works with AIM from AOL.

Default Re: ichat for Windows?

This site Here says it has the download, and Yep you need to run AIM, link in the Text on site.
    MURPHIES LAW THOUGH ILLOGICAL as per NORMAL IS ACTUALLY THE MOST LOGICAL SOLUTION OF ALL.

New Forum

ichat for Windows - I don't think so.
    Apple have given you itunes and Safari but if you like apple software so much you will have to buy a Mac.

Safari, Ah yes, apparently it is available for windows, and yes, I might get an Apple if I could afford one, LOL!!!

"This site Here says it has the download, and Yep you need to run AIM, link in the Text on site."

I have been to that site and have downloaded AIM, but cannot find any link anywhere with the actual download on it.

You won't find a download link for a Wimdows version as it is an Apple only product.

I think you are getting confused.
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,1555039,00.asp

iChat AV 2.1, an update to its instant messaging application that adds support for video conferencing with those using AOL Instant Messenger 5.5 for Windows.
    Now iChat AV users can video conference with their AOL buddies around the world who use PCs.

Yep, as mentioned, AIM is about as close to iChat as you're gonna get on Windows. That said, a better option would be to go with something more flexible like Pidgin.
    Consider it...umm █████

Ok, thanks everyone and I do apologize. I was mistaken and now understand that I cannot download ichat for Windows , but can use AIM to talk to someone who HAS ichat!

Ok so i understand the whole thing about AIM can be used with iChat users, but does anyone know about the multi person chats with iChat but not AIM on Windows? Because I use AIM on Windows to chat with all my friends who use iChat. But once i try to invite more than one other person to chat with me, it doesn't let me. And vice-versa when my freinds invite me to a multi-person chat it doesn't work either. Anyone have any insight to this problem or is this not possible for me to have multiperson chats?

All... that was a fascinating thread... I started out also believing that I could get iChat for my PC so that I can video-chat with my Mac-enabled son at college.

But here's my persistent problem ... when I initiate a video chat with him (or if he attempts to initiate) we can hear each other, but not see each other. My cam shows me and his cam shows him.

Any ideas? (I realize that's a vague description, but I thought I'd try.)

(And I already am aware of the "just buy a mac" solution. My teenage son has made that abundantly clear. But since he's at school with all of my money...)

Hi bpmallare,
    Skype is the way to go, it has chat too and works on both PC and Mac.
    It is free.
    What are you using at present?