Default Vista 32 Sleep mode + 8800 GTX = BEEP! (HELP?)

Hi,
    After reading the NZ PC World How to article in the latest December/January issue I decided to start doing my part to 'reduce my carbon footprint' by setting up sleep mode to be activated in Vista after 1/2 an hour of my PC not being used as outlined in this article.

Unfortunately although I may be saving power, when my PC goes to sleep my 8800 GTX emits a loud beep.

I also understand that when Vista enters sleep mode it powers things down including my gfx card.
    I also gather that my 8800 is beeping because it is not getting enough power.

But, surely the clever chaps at Nvidia/Microsoft thought about this issue when designing their gfx cards/writing the sleep function into Vista?

Is there some fix or workaround available or am I bound to keep my carbon footprint as is in this regard and avoid using the sleep function?

I've searched on google and their a number of other people who have experienced the same problem. As far as I can tell no one has offered a solution as yet.

Default Re: Vista 32 Sleep mode + 8800 GTX = BEEP! (HELP?)

Well thats silly. If the PC isn't being used - turn it off!! Saves even more power.

Don't bother using sleep. It's obvious what's happening, and M$ and Nvidia probably couldn't care less about it. Turn the PC off if your not using it, and **** the carbon footprint. It's your own power bill you should be worried about, running an 8800GTX.
    Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

Vista has big problems with sleep/hibernate (problems with nvidia drivers/usb etc, wont wake up fully), would advise not using it until SP1 is out (M$ reckon theyll fix it then!)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929734/en-us
    "...anyone who expects a source of power from the transformation
    of these atoms is talking moonshine..."
    - Ernest Rutherford (1871-1937)

--------------------------

Heck is a place for people who don't believe in gosh.

Cheers for the 'suggestion' that I turn off the PC guys. 'Suprisingly' I know about the on/off switch and regularly use this feature of my PC where doing so is appropriate.

Obviously however, there are situations where turning off the PC will not be appropriate. Such as when I'm away from the PC for a short period of time. In these situations it is not effective for me to come back to the PC and wait for the PC to power back up again each short period of time that I am away from the PC - hence the rationale for a quicker power saving option such as sleep or hibernate.

Alas the other suggestion regarding USB updates did not work - in fact I have been running the updates referred to for sometime.

So, is the problem only with Sleep or with Hibernate too because if Hibernate is fine, just use that as that will save even more power and takes only a few seconds longer than sleep to wake up.
    All the technology and software in the universe is useless when the end user has the IQ of a sack of hammers.