Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Keyboard/interface Error, Help?

The problem i have is that when i start up the computer, it goes past the BIOS splash screen and then comes up with "keyboard/interface error, Press F1 to resume".

When i press F1 it just goes to the BIOS so i just go to the quit thingy and select "Disgard settings/changes and quit" and then it starts up and its fine as.

The person in am fixing this for is not very "computery" and she does not know what to do with that sort of thing. Has anyone got ideas on how to fix that up?

I have a HP wireless Keyboard and mouse so they both just take up one usb port, because of the reciver.

Any ideas???

Default Re: Keyboard/interface Error, Help?

Try removing the Keyboard, blow out the connection / plug, just in case there is any rubbish / dust in them. Then reset the BIOS back to default settings, someplace in the BIOS settings on the main screen will be what key to press. See if that helps.

Just to clear up - is the keyboard you are having problems with the wireless or a PS2 ?

Also have you tried another PS2 Keyboard ?
    Last edited by wainuitech; 27-12-2007 at 07:57 PM.
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Yes it is a wireless keyboard ,i will ty blow out anything in the USB slot!

If you are able, try a standard PS2 keyboard. Usually I have found you need a PS2 to repair a wireless if they play up.

Resetting the BIOS may also fix it, but remember to set up USB keyboard support, ususally some place like onboard Pref's Location
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

yea, i will try that, it did not have any rubbish after the blow out, would it be that the keyboard it out the door?

Well, i think its the keyboard or something lyk that because i plugged in my PS2 Keyboard and my USB mouse, and it came up with it for a split second and then started up normally.... hmmmmm

Could be out of range possibly, try moving it to where you would usually be in front of the PC, or check the batteries to make sure they have not gone / going flat.

Well i hae both the mouse and keyboard right infront of the reciver and would i be able to type it the batterys were flat?

If they were going flat then it may but veryyyyyy slow with lots of lag, I've seen spyware take out a wireless keyboard on several occasions. Needing a wired one to repair the system.

Personally I'd change the batteries and see if it makes any difference, if not then it may also be the wireless softwares gone "A Bit Funny", reinstalling it may fix it.
    My media center PC with wireless Keyboard/mouse has a range of around 5 mtrs, when its batteries start to go flat they drop quick, the range goes from the other side of the room on the couch ( 4 mtrs) to 1/2 mtr in a matter of 10 minutes.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 27-12-2007 at 08:31 PM.

nope its not at all laggy, itas all going fine, the only problem with the software is that they have lost the driver for it. i will do a bit of searching and have alook for some.