Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xtramail

Default Xtramail

What am I going to do? I can't receive any email both Outlook and webmail. Tried to call Xtra's help desk for the past few days but can't get through.

Is there any other way to talk to someone in Xtra?

Default Re: Xtramail

What have you done about it? The old webmail interface doesn't exist now so you have to use the Yahoo/Xtra one.

Did you sign up? Telecom claim to have fixed the problems with the registration system. I only got part way through it but that seemed enough to be able to logon to webmail.

There are new Outlook settings for your account http://xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4150-4453061,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by bk T View Post
    What am I going to do? I can't receive any email both Outlook and webmail. Tried to call Xtra's help desk for the past few days but can't get through.

Is there any other way to talk to someone in Xtra?

This May ? or may not Help, when you ring Xtra and get the auto bull, press the number 0 five times on your phone, that jumps it ahead and after about 3-4 times it puts you through to the "Wait till next available" I'm not to sure if it was luck, but last two times I did this, it said there was 1 hour wait, yet with in 30 seconds I got an actual person. It may que jump ?

Worth a crack.
    MURPHIES LAW THOUGH ILLOGICAL as per NORMAL IS ACTUALLY THE MOST LOGICAL SOLUTION OF ALL.

New Forum

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    This May ? or may not Help, when you ring Xtra and get the auto bull, press the number 0 five times on your phone, that jumps it ahead and after about 3-4 times it puts you through to the "Wait till next available" I'm not to sure if it was luck, but last two times I did this, it said there was 1 hour wait, yet with in 30 seconds I got an actual person. It may que jump ?

Worth a crack.
    It doesn't work - it cuts me off immediately after pressing the 0 five times!

Hmmmm, maybe they have figured out that trick.

Update:

OK just tried myself, let the auto message go for around 5 sec,

try this number 0800 22 55 98 went through OK but still got the elevator music lol.

They are now saying the issues around the yahoo/bubble reg have now been resolved - sureeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Last edited by wainuitech; 24-08-2007 at 10:28 AM.
    MURPHIES LAW THOUGH ILLOGICAL as per NORMAL IS ACTUALLY THE MOST LOGICAL SOLUTION OF ALL.

New Forum

Tried both 0800 738 738, 0800 22 55 98 with same results; have been holding for almost 1 hour and still can't get through.

Initially it was the sub account which could not send email but it was resolved yesterday (without me knowing it).

Only last night that I realised that there is no email coming in to my Inbox since 18th Aug (I signed in to the stupid Yahoo bubble thingy). Started to investigate and found that I can't receive any emails, has no problem in sending out though.

Maybe it's time for me to make a move to another ISP as email is the only thing that's holding me back to Xtra as I don't want to change my email address unnecessarily. Now, my email is not working and I can't reach them for support; why am I still hesitating?

Quote Originally Posted by bk T View Post
    Only last night that I realised that there is no email coming in to my Inbox since 18th Aug (I signed in to the stupid Yahoo bubble thingy). Started to investigate and found that I can't receive any emails, has no problem in sending out though.
    So you can access webmail and your mail isn't stuck in the Bulk folder?

b

Quote Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
    What have you done about it? The old webmail interface doesn't exist now so you have to use the Yahoo/Xtra one.

Did you sign up? Telecom claim to have fixed the problems with the registration system. I only got part way through it but that seemed enough to be able to logon to webmail.

There are new Outlook settings for your account http://xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4150-4453061,00.html
    Have signed up on the 18th Aug when I first got their email. And, created a sub account for my wife and found that she could not send out any mail, receiving is fine. Have been trying to contact Xtra but could not reach them. Her sending out problem has somehow resolved yesterday and her email is working fine now.

And now it is my own account (more important ) that is having problem in receiving mails. Have tried both with Outlook 2003 and Xtra's webmail. Have sent from various sources, eg. hotmail, gmail, and my own Xtra email account and there is no signs of any mail in my Inbox!

nope .......my outlook express works perfectly with the 'old' server settings.....theres no need to change from my point of view anyway....

if you sign up to that 'bubble' bull then DONT download the 'software' it's unnecessary and you dont have to do it........once signed up you should be able to access webmail and check your spam filter settings when you are in there the stupid idiots are autoblocking all sorts of valid addys.......pf1 and trademe for example.....
    There are two sides to any question; MY side and the WRONG side (Winston Churchill)

After listening to the 'stupid' music for 62 minutes (to be exact) I finally got a chance to talk to a human from Xtra. Explained to him about my problem and he consulted his Supervisor (waited for another couple of minutes), came back with a solution:

Yahoo can't forward a copy of my mail to another server; I used to forward a copy of my mail to my Gmail and have been doing it for a long time! After removing this pop forwarding, I am now able to receive my mail again!

After all these hassles, I start to ask myself: What the hell is Telecom trying to prove? Annoying thousands of New Zealanders and adding tons of unnecessary workload to their own helpdesk workers for nothing! This Yahoo thingy probably is as bad as, or if not, more 'stupid' than the 'Go Large' incident a few months ago! The Telecom CEO ought to be sacked!