Default Driver installation failed:- Could not find Media device for this driver

Hi, I recently purchased a HP 530 Notebook – GH638AA and have downgraded to XPP (SP2), I also downloaded and installed all drivers from HP site. Yet the system insists there is no audio devices on the system. I double checked all HP drivers as provided on HP site, I decided to reload these i.e.

Conexant CX20549-12 Audio Driver for Microsoft Windows XP
    Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio (sp33867)

However, the installation of the CX20549 driver failed stating “ Driver installation failed:- Could not find Media device for this driver “ Any Idea's

Default Re: Driver installation failed:- Could not find Media device for this driver

Download either Belarc advisor or Everest. Both of these applications will tell you exactly what you have (as far as hardware is concerned).
    Once you have found out what you are looking for, join driverguide, run through one of their searches, and you are sure to find what you need
    (morganj): 0 is false and 1 is true, correct?
    (alec_eso): 1, morganj

Default Re: Driver installation failed:- Could not find Media device for this driver

Its not the right driver then.

You need to know exactly which model it is.

I had a laptop once where I could not find a WinXP sound driver at all (it previously had Win2000 on it), in the end I made it install the Win2K driver, it complained a bit but I forced it and it worked just fine.

Smile Re: Driver installation failed:- Could not find Media device for this driver

Hi, thanks for help. I found a solution!!!. I reformatted the notebook and installed the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio (sp33867) package first, the notebook then found the audio devicem, I then installed the Conexant CX20549-12 Audio Driver for Microsoft Windows XP package. Stupid that the one must be done first, but that the way it goes. Thanks for input - Botswana

IT Technician/Consultant SolMiester's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DBBOTS View Post
    Hi, I recently purchased a HP 530 Notebook GH638AA and have downgraded to XPP (SP2), I also downloaded and installed all drivers from HP site. Yet the system insists there is no audio devices on the system. I double checked all HP drivers as provided on HP site, I decided to reload these i.e.

Conexant CX20549-12 Audio Driver for Microsoft Windows XP
    Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio (sp33867)

However, the installation of the CX20549 driver failed stating Driver installation failed:- Could not find Media device for this driver Any Idea's
    Download the analog sriver set, not the digital set unless you are using the digital output for audio which I doubt...
    HOME-LianLi PC-9F,ASRock P67Pro3, i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8Gb HyperX, ASUS GTX660 OC, Corsair Force 120 SSD, HP L2045w, HOME SERVER HP ML350G5 W2012 Host

Hi,

I try the above steps but still i finding the same problem. Please any one suggest me what can i do to rectify the problem in some other way.