PEBKAC

Question This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

Hi one and all!
    OK, so I've done the Google search on this 'Code 1' thing and I accept that something is out of whack. But....
    I have not (as seems to be the case) reformatted and/or reinstalled XP. Yet for some reason a 'Multimedia Video Controller' has appeared without it's driver! I also accept that I've most likely done 'something'! Hay, isn't that why you guys are here??
    So....
    How do I find out about WHAT this device is that is "not configured correctly"? Er, that is without taking the computer apart!
    I have done the 'Reinstall Driver' bit, and allowed it to search the interweb. However, I noticed no internet activity whilst it was 'searching the interweb'! As I'm not sure what the actual device is, I'm not sure if I've got a CD for it. But I do keep all CDs that have 'things' required of them, so I should have it if nessa-scary.
    FYI: In the 'Device Manager', under 'Other Devices', all it says (with a big yellow question mark against it) is 'Multimedia Video Controller'. 'Properties' tells me "It ain't working, you all!" but it's 'location' is "PCI Slot 1 (PCI bus 5, device 6, function 0)". Does that mean I can find out from that and check the physical location (ieg 1st/2nd PCI slot, or USB plug in etc.)?
    I guess if I have to get the screwdriver out (top draw I think) I will, but just wondered if I could do any thing non-physically first!
    Many regards,
    The Cell
    Computers made me more inteligence. Now how do I turn the bloody thing on again????

Default Re: This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

Multimedia Video controller sounds like a tuner.

Did u install one recently?

Or have u got one?

PEBKAC

Exclamation Re: This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

Hi there Speedy Gonzales.
    Well it just so happens I've got a 'normal' PCI tv tuner AND a USB digital tuner. Could one of them got 'out of whack' (that's a tech-niggle term you know) on it's own, or (as I suspect) I've done something? Would the "PCI Slot 1" tell me it's in the first PCI slot from the processor?
    Opps, more questions when this thread hasn't been 'closed'. Sorry!

I'll try loading the PCI tuner card CD when I click on the 'Reinstall Drivers' button, then let you know how I get on.

Many regards,

The Cell
    Computers made me more inteligence. Now how do I turn the bloody thing on again????

Default Re: This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

Umm it sounds like it'll be the internal tuner not the USB one that has no drivers.

You'll soon find out, run whatever program for the tuners, it'll say there arent any drivers, or you wont get a picture.

For the tuner that has no drivers.

Yup point it to reinstall driver, if there's an inf on the cd point it to that. If theres an exe file for the drivers, use that instead.