Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Speedie Gonzales signature list

Hi,Speedie Gonzales,

I am very intrigued by in your signature to every post,showing and including:- Comod Bo Cleaner:Hi Jacker2:Sun Java:Trojan remover.

Twice a week I still run Ad Aware and get at least two Critical Objects each time, plus various not so critical- and I appear unable to stop them at source-
    sometime back Foxymx suggested they were less than dangerous, but if I used those scanners as in your signature, would I have any greater success or even drop any need for Spy Bot , Ad Aware, and two or three other nasties spotters, that I use at least once week.-all,found with the same names each time

I so value your reputation that have installed Comodo etc,on sighting it and it now runs every ten seconds

How trusting is that ?

sorry about the crawling and perhaps grovelling

effie c

Banned

Default Re: Speedie Gonzales signature list

No effie c you would still need to run the antimalware apps you listed in order to keep your system clean. HJT is a diagnostics app. Stick with FF as your browser too. Ad aware is not so major if your using FF although you definitely need SpyBot and Comodo - Comodo keeps the hackers out.
    Last edited by winmacguy; 21-06-2007 at 03:23 PM.

Yup, 1 program alone wont stop everything..

Altho, I've only just added BOClean in my sig. As it was just released yesterday or the day before.

That looks like a pretty good program. It looks like its similar to Spybot's teatimer program.

According to Comodo's site, BOClean runs in the background, in real time, so if you were to get something like a trojan or dialler (if its in its database), it SHOULD hopefully kill / remove whatever the trojan / put on your system.

Without you having to reboot, all the time.

But yer depending on what program is installed, they usually do a specific job.

As WinMacguy said, Comodo firewall is a firewall, (It was made to stop hackers / track ips etc).

BOclean is for malware, HJT just shows u whats running on the system.

Rogueremover is also for Malware (specifically rogue software, that u may have installed, which installs junk / malware on your system).

Quote Originally Posted by effie c View Post
    Twice a week I still run Ad Aware and get at least two Critical Objects each time, plus various not so critical- and I appear unable to stop them at source-

would I have any greater success or even drop any need for Spy Bot , Ad Aware, and two or three other nasties spotters, that I use at least once week.-all,found with the same names each time
    No. With spyware the more checkers the better.

You could lessen your chances of getting them by using a 3rd party browser and email program.
    Disabling ActiveX, Cookies and all that.
    Not going to sites that are targetting you.

And so on.

Specifically what is it always finding?

I'm not sure how effective it would be at preventing what is currently being installed on your computer Effie, but SpywareBlaster is a highly recommended program which you might like to try.

Thank you all,

I use Spyware Blaster in my collection-like Nortons or not, I have had many years succesful usuage and have no wish to change- and I still have nine months of use anyway - not to be thrown away lightly

All my "intrusions" as above appear to be more trojans than anything- certainly not a virus- I just feel frustrated that when a Ad Aware scan is run I get the same "critical objects " and it irritates me

My question to the forum was really meant to see if I could do without so many- I do scans twice a week, and houskeeping ( updates etc as well as scanning)- on a Friday
    That makes a good excuse to not being available to help ( sometimes) my beloved wife
    "Her standard comment ---"bloody computers"

And, for the record thanks to you above,and Speedie 38 my beloved pooter is going as it should after the major clean up read by various of you F1 ers

effie c

Just as long as u dont go to any warez sites, any dodgy sites and Windows is up to date, you dont really need anything.

Even XP's firewall would be OK.

I killed Comodo for about 3 weeks and used XP's firewall. I was fine. The only thing I had running was Avast.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by effie c View Post
    All my "intrusions" as above appear to be more trojans than anything- certainly not a virus- I just feel frustrated that when a Ad Aware scan is run I get the same "critical objects " and it irritates me

My question to the forum was really meant to see if I could do without so many- I do scans twice a week, and houskeeping ( updates etc as well as scanning)- on a Friday
    ers

effie c
    Spybot will take care of the Trojans. What web browser do you use?

Just don't get Safari for Windows
    All the technology and software in the universe is useless when the end user has the IQ of a sack of hammers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by beeswax34 View Post
    Just don't get Safari for Windows
    I was thinking more along the lines of Firefox myself since I use that on both platforms and it is more widely accepted than Safari.