Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Flash Drive

VoidMaster

Default Re: Flash Drive

Yes Steve L, the warranty period was 6 months, I have had it for just under a year, it has been in my drawer for most of the time and has been rarely used, 5 or 6 times, a bit disappointing really considering that my Rundisk 128Meg has been used for 2 years constantly and is still working fine. I also have a 32Meg one from DSE which is even older and also still ok.

I got it from, wait for it, SuperCheap in Auckland, I have contacted them and they say to send it back via their RMA system, prompt service, they answered in less than 24 hours, impressive. I have asked whether they will still consider it under warranty but am not holding my breath. There will be a $45 charge if I have wasted their time! The drive only cost me $56 including shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_L View Post
    I guess you ordered before I made my post 9.49 PM yesterday that showed a 2 Gb Data Traveller for half of what you paid - sorry I was too late for you but anyway it is always a good idea to use PriceSpy to get the best deal.

It looks as if Migo refers to software that comes with a DataTraveller stick.
    Not overly worried about the price. I don't mind paying a bit more to company I am happy with.
    Jack GOF.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJJ View Post
    Not overly worried about the price. I don't mind paying a bit more to company I am happy with.
    100% is not a bit.

Hi I bought a 4Gb of Trade Me for $78.00. I haven't had any problems so far.
    Try this link It is like the one I bought. There are plenty more on there. just search 'Flash Drives' http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/P...n-89606052.htm

If you want to get one, the size you want depends on what you want to use it for. Flash drives max at 4Gb (it runs Like a Ram Stick. no moving parts inside), any bigger it is like a mini Hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by stevensaaron View Post
    Hi I bought a 4Gb of Trade Me for $78.00. I haven't had any problems so far.
    $78 is too much. If you go up a few posts you will see what I posted:

Transcend JetFlash V30 4GB Flash Stick Drive USB 2.0, mini Size, 2 Year Return to Base Warranty $52.20
    http://www.computerdirect.co.nz/prod...=11072&grp=FLA

RunDisk 4 Gb $51 but warranty not stated
    http://c1com.co.nz/shop/step1.php?number=6828

---------

4 Gb is not tops. 8 Gb usb sticks / flash drives / pen drives are available. See PriceSpy.