Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    An armchair, from where I instantly become an expert on all things

Default and so heralds the end of new zealand

as of 10 minutes ago, i became eligible to both buy alcohol, take out a loan/overdraft, join the armed forces and vote. in that order if i so wish

funnily enough, i don't intend to join the army/navy, have got the papers for my student loan lying on my couch, already have a beer fridge, and would only vote if looked like the greens/maori/christians were going to win
    When it comes to computers there is a difference to what you need and what you want, the former being less than half the price of the latter.

Default Re: and so heralds the end of new zealand

it would seem that the forum is 9 minutes ahead of the rest of the world....
    When it comes to computers there is a difference to what you need and what you want, the former being less than half the price of the latter.

It would seem that someone's up themself. Maybe you'll learn to grow up and mature more gracefully than the rest of us did.
    Comments by Greg brought to you courtesy AlcoLine® IV drip, for when the tedious act of drinking takes too much time away from gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    It would seem that someone's up themself. Maybe you'll learn to grow up and mature more gracefully than the rest of us did.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    and would only vote if looked like the greens/maori/christians were going to win
    The "green/maori/christians" would definitely win if you and everyone else decided to vote. Just think positive!

Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    and would only vote if looked like the greens/maori/christians were going to win
    1] Don't vote, then don't complain. Earn your right to ***** about government. Otherwise you no better than the Exclusive Brethren.

2] No point telling you not to get drunk (I never listened either). It will be another 15 years before you realise being smashed off your face isn't all it's cracked up to be. In the meantime, always keep $40 in your pocket and don't spend it. That way you can always get home at night without getting in a car with a drunken idiot. Better $40 out of pocket than being fitted up for a pine overcoat. This approach helped me survive my 20's.

You can joined the Armed Forces at 17

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    The "green/maori/christians" would definitely win if you and everyone else decided to vote. Just think positive!
    How would this be a "positive" scenario if the "green/maori/christians" were in power?

<rant> We would be no better off than we are now, but would be governed by extremists!!! We are already governed by self-interested corrupt idiots that pander to those who shout the loudest.</rant>

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

Quote Originally Posted by johcar View Post
    <rant> ! We are already governed by self-interested corrupt idiots that pander to those who shout the loudest.</rant>
    Politicians, in other words.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard
    Quote Originally Posted by johcar View Post
    How would this be a "positive" scenario if the "green/maori/christians" were in power?
    Sorry - must have been a bit too subtle for some.

What I was saying was a subtly deliberate minsterpretation of the OP's suggestion - that he would only vote (for the Greens/Maori/Christians) if he thought his vote would be a successful vote (and bring the Greens/Maori/Christians into power. And that if he only thought positively, he would have his dream. I wasn't suggesting that a particular arrangement of political power blocs would be positive or otherwise.

It was a (unsuccessful) attempt at some subtle humour, based on how I read the OP. Plus, it's a quiet day at work. <sigh>

Never mind.