Banned

Default cannot transfer digital photo from PC to digital camera

i cannot transfer a digital photo from PC to digital camera. yes that right. transferring from the Digital camera to PC works,but transferring from PC to digital camera doesn't work properly.
    I want to get a digital photo back onto my digital camera(has an SD card) because i want to take the card to the photo shop and get it printed. I deleted the image from the digital camera's memory card and now i want to put it back.
    When i cut and paste the digital photo from my PC to the digital camera,the transfer works,But when i turn on the camera and browse the photos on there, the photo i transferred does not show up.
    I think it has something to do with the filename i gave the photo. you can't set file names on this digital camera until u transfer the photos to your pc. but i can't remember what the original file name is.

this is the camera i have:

http://www.casio.com/products/archiv...m_Zoom/EX-Z57/

Default Re: cannot transfer digital photo from PC to digital camera

take another photo to see what the file names look like

Wanderer

Well for the photo lab, it doesn't matter if its not on the camera, as long its on the memory card.

If you are copying copy and past I think that your camera pops up as E drive or such. If you want to copy it back so the camera can see it, you have to copy it back so the its the same filename format as the others, also if you edit the photograph with software it maybe seen as incompatible by the camera - hence not able to browse - but the lab should have no issues.

Take another photo and copy to computer to see how the filename is .. rename it to that format.... Make sure its in the right folder as well, some cameras have their own special folder and then pop the pictures in that folder - some don't work when you just copy back to the root folder of the memory card. Some may also have some hidden files or hidden folders before it works. Generally if you do a format card in the camera these hidden files/folders will be generated.

Have you considered e-mailing the photo to the photo shop and having them make a print from that?

Never done it myself, but apparently it can be done.

I don't know if it impacts on the quality of the pic....but I guess it depends how desperate you are.....and may be easier than your Plan A.

T

have you any friends with anything different..mp3 player... printer that reads cards... card reader.... do it as a data file on any of these... altho i dont know why the camera wont do the same... try reformating the card before you try to copy and paste to open E or whatever drive

Wanderer

You can email, I do it all the time. Not all labs support email thou and it may be easier on that odd stop off when you are out and about ..... Or you wanting to use kiosk?

Hi Lance*. Following on from allblack's comments... I upload my pics to Digitalmax all the time. Last lot on special were about 22 cents for a 150 x 100. Delivered to my local book shop within a couple of days post free or delivered to my house for the cost of post and package. They make a lovely job. Other sizes available. A fraction of the price my local camera shop charges.

Quote Originally Posted by allblack
    I don't know if it impacts on the quality of the pic
    As long as the original file is sent without any further compression there will be no deterioration in the picture quality. The result will be exactly the same as producting the photo from the camera file.

I upload mine to Kodak in the US. Including postage its about the same price in NZ $ as the NZ sites - but I like their interface better - no software to install on my PC, and upload the lot in one go.

You can put your photos onto a CD and take them into the photoshop if you don't want to use the online upload method.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyMX View Post
    As long as the original file is sent without any further compression there will be no deterioration in the picture quality. The result will be exactly the same as producting the photo from the camera file.
    Yeah? Didn't know that.......