Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default nVIEW desktop manager problem

I have being having horrible problems the last few days with my computer taking ages to do what normally is a split second job - even locking up completely and the mouse not working.
    Then I got this message on screen

nVIEW, nVIEW Desktop Manager has detected that the application desktopsearchservice is not responding. When an unresponsive application is managed by a VIEW DESKTOP MANAGER software, other applications can also become unresponsive. Do you want to disable nVIEW Desktop Manager for the application -- Y --- N ----

I decided that this program must be faulty so disabled it.
    Since then the computer has worked normally - just as fast as ever, in fact I think it is even faster. I tried umpteen programs particularly photos etc to find no difference so am happy to leave it as is.
    But I am intrigued. I have no idea what this program is supposed to do and didn't even know I had it.
    Can somebody enlighten me - and should I try to get it working again?

Default Re: nVIEW desktop manager problem

NVIDIA® nView™ multi-display software--bundled free with NVIDIA® ForceWare™ desktop, workstation, mobile, platform, and multimedia software solutions--provides you with a revolutionary way to multi-task and process information easier. Instead of stacking windows within the confines of a single display, imagine spreading your work across multiple displays. If you are a financial analyst--have one monitor per data stream. If you are a graphic artist--use an entire display for palettes, and another for editing. The possibilities are endless with NVIDIA nView technology.

nView is seamlessly integrated within the Microsoft® Windows® environment, helping you maximize productivity though advanced desktop and application management. nView also provides increased efficiency on a single monitor by enabling multiple Windows desktops, quicker access to hidden windows with transparency and window rollups, and hotkeys for access to all nView functions. nView provides a quick and easy way for you to manage multiple Windows desktops, thereby increasing your efficiency and enabling you to see what you've been missing.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/feature_nview.html

Leave it disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by pctek View Post
    Thanks pctek. This program was a complete mystery to me and to be honest still is. I followed your link. It seems to offer no advantage to me at all and in fact as I mentioned before I am sure the beast is actually faster now.
    I am taking your advice and leaving it disabled. Gosh I DO want to play with it though. But I will not !! NO NO NO.
    Tom

Well unless you have more than one monitor theres no point.

Exclamation Re: nVIEW desktop manager problem

Hello PCTek...

I am having the same exact NEW problem as Thomas01 described above. It all started when I downloaded and installed the latest version of AOL a few days ago. nView Desktop Manager says that AolSoftware is not responding after I leave my computer for an hour or so and I come back to work some more.

I would love to disable this nView program and see if it fixes the lockup problem for me too, but I DO HAVE TWO MONITORS AND HAVE MY APPS SPREAD AROUND THEM. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Thanks for your time.

ChuckDaly

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckDaly View Post
    Hello PCTek...

I am having the same exact NEW problem as Thomas01 described above. It all started when I downloaded and installed the latest version of AOL a few days ago. nView Desktop Manager says that AolSoftware is not responding after I leave my computer for an hour or so and I come back to work some more.

I would love to disable this nView program and see if it fixes the lockup problem for me too, but I DO HAVE TWO MONITORS AND HAVE MY APPS SPREAD AROUND THEM. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Thanks for your time.

ChuckDaly
    Probably start a new thread, by the look of it !

You do not need to have the nview program to use multiple monitors as windows can sort things out by itself providing you use the dual view mode.

Please tell me how to disable the nView desktop manager!

I downloaded an upgrade and since then I have had problems with my computer. It is working very slowly, the screen goes black and the mouse doesn't function. It takes forever to do anything.

I don't know where to go to find this program so I can disable it.

Thanks!

Have a look in Control Panel>Add & Remove Programs (in XP), or Control Panel>Programs And Features (in Vista).
    (Advisable to start a new thread than to dig up an old one).
    Last edited by feersumendjinn; 29-08-2008 at 12:50 AM.
    "...anyone who expects a source of power from the transformation
    of these atoms is talking moonshine..."
    - Ernest Rutherford (1871-1937)

--------------------------

Heck is a place for people who don't believe in gosh.

Thank you! I was able to find the info and uninstall the program. However, now everything on the screen is on steroids...very large! Is there anything I can do to reduce the size?

Thanks,
    Bev