Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Send text message from a computer

Does anyone know of a free program that will send text messages from a computer. Am very slow using a mobile phone to text, so would like to use a computer.

Default Re: Send text message from a computer

http://pressf1.co.nz/search.php? (There have been a few threads on this )

I too would like to know how to do this and I can't find my way around the site stu161204 suggests. Could you kindly be more specific with an answer on how to do this.

Many thanks,
    Pat.

vodafone.co.nz will let you send txt's from computer to mobile, it's called web 2 txt. If you use Telecom have a look at their site for ways to do this (I don't use the Telecom site).
    "Alright you primitive screwheads listen up...you see this? This is...my.....BOOMSTICK!!" - Ash (Army of Darkness)

I use Jeyo extender (not free) but it only works with smartphones and pda's.

Birkenhead, North Shore, AK (amongst the bush)

Quote Originally Posted by Sb0h
    vodafone.co.nz will let you send txt's from computer to mobile, it's called web 2 txt. If you use Telecom have a look at their site for ways to do this (I don't use the Telecom site).
    Have just checked the Vodaphone site and as Sb0h says you can text from your computer to a cellphone. Just be aware that there is a 20 cents charge for each text message.
    cheers
    Misty
    Adobe Photoshop Elements 11.0
    Lightroom 6
    Elements+
    Nik Collection
    AZZ Cardfile

Before I got the replies telling me about Vodaphone, I managed to get the info by ringing vodaphone. Firstly you have to have a vodaphone cellphone. either on a plan or prepay is ok and you can text to Telecom or Vodaphone cellphones. Real easy to use, I tried it. I rang telecom help desk and they said there wasn't one for people who have telecom phones. So you are in luck if you are on vodaphone and out of luck if on telecom, if you want to use web2txt. https://www.vodafone.co.nz/knox/logi...ate=myvodafone

Quote Originally Posted by Pat
    I too would like to know how to do this and I can't find my way around the site stu161204 suggests. Could you kindly be more specific with an answer on how to do this.

Many thanks,
    Pat.

I looked at telecom mobile's website and enquired with telecom mobile. If you have a telecom mobile you can text another telecom mobile but not to a vodaphone mobile from their computer based texting site. So if you have a telecom mobile and you want to text only telecom mobiles, here is the site address. http://xtra.co.nz/mobile/0,,10402,00.html

Many thanks,
    Pat.

Thanks very much Viv K. Your advice is appreciated. Why did I go Telecom?
    Silly me. I shall eventually change to Vodaphone like all you smart people for as far as I can see there is just no comparison.

God bless,
    Pat.

I wouldn't rush to change providers yet. I have asked Don McAlister from Inbox (the computer guru from the Herald) to put something in letting people know. I will also try and get PC World to publish a letter re the same info. Maybe it will shame Telecom and have them worried about losing business to Vodaphone.

Thanks very much Viv K. Your advice is appreciated. Why did I go Telecom?
    Silly me. I shall eventually change to Vodaphone like all you smart people for as far as I can see there is just no comparison.

God bless,
    Pat.