Question Images not showing in Word documents

Hi Team

Word (2000) has suddenly stopped showing pasted images in text documents. Where the image should be is a simple box outline, and if I click on that it turns into the corner marks used for dragging and sizing etc.

I do not recall making any configuration changes of late, and if I paste the images again they show as normal.

I've looked through Tools>Options but can't see anything relevant there, and nor can I see anything under any other tool bar menu.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Billy 8-{)
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through my restraints!

Default Re: Images not showing in Word documents

Hi Billy.
    Possible solutions
    1. Switch to Page Layout view (Print Layout in Word 2000) using the View menu. Floating graphics don't display in Normal view.
    2. In order to display all graphics onscreen, on the View tab of Tools > Options, make sure that “Drawings” is checked and that “Picture placeholders” is not checked.
    3. If some graphics are not printing (or not displaying in Print Preview), make sure that “Drawing objects” is checked on the Print tab of Tools > Options.
    4. Under Format + Paragraph, make sure that line spacing of your body text is not set to an Exact value.

VoidMaster

Always import images into Word, don't copy and paste them.

Thanks Scouse, "Picture Placeholders" had checked itself.

I usually "Paste Special" when inserting images zqwerty because it allows me to move the image around and resize it as required. This has always worked well for me with few complications.

Importing may also offer those features, but I'm not a Word expert and stick to what works for me. Image insertion is a weekly or monthly task for me, not a daily one so I tend to avoid heading into the learning curve for features I rarely need.

That said, I'll take a look at importing anyway.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Insert witticism here

I'm glad you found your solution Billy. I prepare reports daily with images in Word and have found Insert - Image - From File to be the most reliable method. You can still drag, resize, adjust lighting etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester
    I'm glad you found your solution Billy. I prepare reports daily with images in Word and have found Insert - Image - From File to be the most reliable method. You can still drag, resize, adjust lighting etc.
    Okaaaaaay.........I have tried IIFF, and find that although it does let me drag to resize, vertical and horizontal placement is tied to the enter key and tabs.

I miss being able to drag an image to the precise location I want (I think holding down the alt key allowed precise positioning while a sinple drag was inclined to move in preset increments) so unless I am missing something here it looks like I'll have to revert to paste special> picture.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

don't quote me

Quote Originally Posted by Billy T
    Okaaaaaay.........I have tried IIFF, and find that although it does let me drag to resize, vertical and horizontal placement is tied to the enter key and tabs.

I miss being able to drag an image to the precise location I want (I think holding down the alt key allowed precise positioning while a sinple drag was inclined to move in preset increments) so unless I am missing something here it looks like I'll have to revert to paste special> picture.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Billy 8-{)
    insert a text box first, then import the picture into it - to resize click on the image & drag. to move it anywhere - click on the text box.

Hi Billy. Open the Picture Toolbar ( View/Toolbars/Picture)
    Click on your picture to select it. Click on the Text Wrap icon (the wee dog) on the Picture Toolbar and select either Square or Tight. Note that the resize handles on the picture change. Frees up the picture so that you can change,crop,reposition,border, etc. Virtually do what you like with it.