Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Play cdrom games without disk

I wish to know if there is anyway I can load my childrens games on to the computer for them to play without having them loading the disks into my cdrom/dvd drive each time they want to play.

I have looked at several sites which all look way to complicated, I just want to know if there is a program that does it all for you, if not, then something relevantly easy.

Many thanks

Default Re: Play cdrom games without disk

Well yes, there is depending on the game. I would get into trouble for telling you though as it usually done for the purposes of piracy.

So you could look into this tool instead:

http://www.gamejackal.com/home.asp

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/announcements.php

You make an image of the cd, that sits on the hard drive. Daemon tools can then use that cd image from the hard drive, and emulate it as a cd. (explanation does the job, though I am not sure if it correct).

That means you might need a lot of free space on your hard drive if you are putting lots of games on.

Thanks, I have looked at the daemon tools site but could not figure out how to put the cd image onto the computer. If you have used this site can you please explain how I do this.

Many thanks

don't quote me

Quote Originally Posted by milliemouse
    I wish to know if there is anyway I can load my childrens games on to the computer for them to play without having them loading the disks into my cdrom/dvd drive each time they want to play.

I have looked at several sites which all look way to complicated, I just want to know if there is a program that does it all for you, if not, then something relevantly easy.

Many thanks
    do a search on google for virtual drive - some are free, but the better ones are not: http://www.farstone.com/home/ensite/...ualdrive.shtml

Its highly unlikely that theres NO-CD cracks for childrens games, so you only other option is CD emulation. CD emulation software create 'fake' cd rom drives that windows beleives to be real, you then can use software such as WinISO or Alcohol 120% to create images of the disk (exact replicas of the disks stored on the harddrive). These images can then be mounted and unmounted in the fake cd rom drive just like you put cd's into a real cd rom. You can have several fake cdrom drives so it should allow you to have the majority of your childrens game run without the cd.

Alcohol 120% can do both taskes of creating fake drives and CD images, so if you want to keep things simple just use that. I personally prefer the combination of Daemon Tools and UltraISO, but its really just a matter of personal preferance.

Alcohol 120% is really easy to use. I would suggest you download the trial version of alcohol to create the images & use Daemon tools to mount them.

Once the trial period runs out, just turn back the date on your computer clock, make the images & set the date correctly again.

I've tried Daemon Tools on a W98SE machine and all it does is lock it up.

Chris Randal

Quote Originally Posted by Pete O'Neil
    Alcohol 120% can do both taskes of creating fake drives and CD images,
    All depending on what copy protection is on it.

Game Jackal, apart form the "legal" way of doing it, keeps it simple. Youy don't need to know what you are doing to use it - whereas with Alcohol you at least need to know what protection it uses etc etc.

Alcohol 120% is very nice.

You can use isobuster (http://www.isobuster.com/) to make an image of your cd. Just open it up, right click on the cd > extract cd > RAW (*.bin, *iso). Will take a wee while, and just skip any errors there are.

Then, using daemon tools, right click on the tray icon > Virtual CD/DVD > Device 0 > Mount Image, and find the files you created with isobuster. (I think it is the .bin you select)

Hopefully that should work.

Alcohol 120% basically just brings it all together with one gui, and more user friendly. In fact, I think the cheap version (Alcohol 52%) has all the emulation stuff, but just not the cd/dvd writing capabilities. So if you think you might buy it, and already have a cd writing program, you can save yourself a bit.