Cool Usage Meter for TelstraClear done

For those interested and want it I have made up a program that will keep track of your usage if you use https://www.telstraclear.co.nz/usagemeter/index.cfm as your usage meter.
    It works very much like TUC but keeps it's setting in the registry. It encrypts the password using TrippleDES so it cannot be seen in the registry. It runs as a window or your can have it so it goes straight to the IconTray.

It is written in VB.net 2003 so needs the .net 1.1 framework for it to work. The program is only 84K in size with no install as yet as I have not got round to that bit yet. I just created a directory on my PC and copied the files (2) and ran it from there.

If you want to try it out (works for me but is still only just done) then PM me with your e-mail address and I will send it to you.

May be adding additonal features in future such as other ISP's but need to get it working for me first.

Default Re: Usage Meter for TelstraClear done

Whenever I go to the usage meter at TelstraClear, not matter at what point in the month, it always shows that I have 0% usage. I rang the techies back in June and asked if there was a problem, they promised to investigate, but nothing changed. I have not been knocked back to 75kbs for overuse and I'll not ring them again. I'm on the monthly 1Gb plan.

Just wondered if the meter works properly for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiner
    Whenever I go to the usage meter at TelstraClear, not matter at what point in the month, it always shows that I have 0% usage. I rang the techies back in June and asked if there was a problem, they promised to investigate, but nothing changed. I have not been knocked back to 75kbs for overuse and I'll not ring them again. I'm on the monthly 1Gb plan.

Just wondered if the meter works properly for you?
    Yer the page shows that as well but it says that my limit is about 10 terabytes or so (wish it was). My meter uses it's own internal limit so you would enter 1,024 MB and it would say what percentage of that you have used.
    They tell me Telecom are still controlling the caping and they do it when they feel it is needed. I would assume Telestra tell them when you have gone over and Telecom cap it. Telecom only capped me 3 times in all the time I was with them and the last one was for changing to Telstra. They said my Aniversary date was the 18th and they capped me on the 23rd saying I had used 17GB by then. I had but it was 17GB from 22nd of the previous month to the 23rd. I had to then stay at 64K from the 23rd last month until today at which point it has gone to full speed. However as of today Telestra says I have used 9GB or 90%. Not sure what will happen shortly but if it gets capped before the 1st of next month I will spit tacks at them.

Mmmm, I dunno, all very confusing. So I'll just pray that somehow I'm beneath the rader and I'll not be capped! :-)

how did you make this BJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prescott
    how did you make this BJ?
    I used VB.NET. It basically requests the web page for the login, sends the username and password and then gets the redirect page back. Store this in a variable and then look through the returned page for key words to find the data of how much was used.
    It was pretty easy in the end but took some time working out how to send data back to the login web page. I found some code that should have worked but did not but in the end found it was my own silly mistake because I was sending the wrong login details to the page.