Default Canon PIXMA IP200 Help

Hi, i've come across another problem. My niece has one of this printers, where you plug the camera into the printer via usb. It goes from an A connection into the cameria (4/5pin/B unsure) .

However she wants to print from the computer to the printer, and there is no B connection on the printer.

If i get a USB cord A male to A female (which plugs into the back of the computer) am i right in assuming that the printer will be detected? The computer is running Windows XP Pro.

The printer didn't come with any manual/installation guide on how to connect to a computer, nor did it come with a Amale to Afemale cord.

Default Re: Canon PIXMA IP200 Help

You may be able to find a manual here.
    http://www.canon.co.nz/support/manuals.html
    failing that email them they will show you what you need and how to do what you want.
    hth
    The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them. - Orson Scott Card (1951- ),

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy
    You may be able to find a manual here.
    http://www.canon.co.nz/support/manuals.html
    failing that email them they will show you what you need and how to do what you want.
    hth
    Already downloaded the manual, and quick start guide, it doesn't tell you how to install to the computer, yep i'll try emailing them, maybe ring them...

don't quote me

the procedure is std for most printers. you need the driver disk, or download it from the internet - install, then when it asks you, plug in the printer, follow the steps given. do a test, bingo. make sure you have paper in there.

The drivers can be found at www.canon.com.au Thats where I suck all mine from

Pedant and proud of it

A maleA-femaleA cable won't connect them. The USB A socket on the computer is the "upstream" connector when it talks to peripherals, which all have USB B sockets. The USB A socket of the printer is an "upstream" connector too, when it talks to the camera (which has a (mini?) USB B socket).

A maleA-maleA USB cable will physically connect the printer to a computer. I assume the printer will recognise that it is to be the peripheral device when it is connected to a computer.

Thumbs up Re: Canon PIXMA IP200 Help

thanks for all your help, went over there today, and just swapped the usb cables over from printer to printer, apparantly she didn't see the usb plug at the back, and its a bit hard explaining over the phone. It was just weird the printer didn't come with a usb cable, or instructions on how to install to the computer. Installed the drivers, hooked up the usb, turned it on, went to print, and well its out of ink! lol

In a 1920s time warp Terry Porritt's Avatar

Canon printers don't usually come with a USB cable, they have to be purchased separately. That's ok if you have a collection of cables, but the vendor should have checked with customer before selling.

Yeah well, you expect everything to come with it when you buy it, i remember one time my friend brought a lexmark printer from a computer store, only came with a black cartridge lol no colour wasn't too happy about that, went back and got his money back. No wonder they were so cheap, i mean no cartridges? no usb cables? Does anyone know of any printer you buy, that doesn't include cartridges.