Angry San Andreas PC HELP!!

hello, all I just recently bought GTASA for PC and I'm having some trouble. I'm running an AMD athlon 2800+ with XP Home SP1 512mb DDR SDRAM 16x max dvd rom The game is a dvd only. A radeon 9800 pro grfx Card . Two 120 GB hard drives and a nvidia nforce sound card. The main problem is when I get in a car and drive. the video and audio skips and jerks. Also during the cut scenes the Dialouge finshes way before the scene and the subtitles end. sometimes I don't even here some of the dialouge that the subtitles show. I installed the latest drivers for both sound and grfx cards. The Grfx card went fine but when I loaded the latest audio driver and ran the game I barely played for a minute before my whole computer shutdown and rebooted itself. It did this several times plus I still had the problem. So I had to rollback to The previous audio driver In order to run the game longer than a Minute. I also wrote to Rockstar Tech support and the told me to update my drivers which I had and the also told me that I might have to update my FIRMWARE for my dvd drive. Now I'm not new to copmuters but I don't know anything about FIRMWARE. Where to find it or how to install it. I have been to some websites that talk about firmware and something about flashsomething and they say it's very risky to do this as it could damage the drive. If anyone knows anything about firmware or has any other suggestions I would greatly appericiate it. BTW my dvd drive name JLMS XJ-HD166S and I have messed with the hardware acceleration and the in game options With no luck. Thanks again for your help.
    ,SCARRYLARRY

Default Re: San Andreas PC HELP!!

Did you install all the audio files to teh harddrive? (havent tried this release myself but earlier games in teh series gave you the opion to run the audio either from the HD or from the optical drive, Problems arose trying to run it from the optical as it would want to play 20 sounds at once.....

Anyhow, I would ensure all the games files were on the HD then I would use a no-cd crack and take the optical drive out of the picture entirely.

For firmware, do a google for your optical drive model plus the word firmware.
    better Dredd then dead

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Im with metla, I'd be inclined to run it from the HDD. Not sure if Daemon tools would work, Ive got it on Xbox
    My tech blog with How-To's, product reviews and general ravings!

My thoughts on routers and reliability

Before you ask a question, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

For an ISP that's dedicated to Naked VDSL2 & UFB, flat-rate, at an affordable price, check out www.whiteice.co.nz

I'm going to get a custom keyboard made with the H and E keys reversed.
    better Dredd then dead

Me

Smile Re: San Andreas PC HELP!!

I thought they were allready!!

Ah, That would be the problem then.
    better Dredd then dead

Quote Originally Posted by scarrylarry
    The main problem is when I get in a car and drive. the video and audio skips and jerks. I also wrote to Rockstar Tech support and the told me to update my drivers which I had and the also told me that I might have to update my FIRMWARE for my dvd drive.
    ,SCARRYLARRY
    Game support guys ALWAYS say the same thing. Its a form letter.
    My son plays it with Athlon 2700+, A7v600 MB, 512mb DDR400, and a Ti4200 and a Vibra 128 sound card. It works fine.
    He did the full install.
    He has the latest Nvidia driver but not the latest sound driver. Probably isn't one for that card anyway now.
    I agreee, do a full install of the game. A certain website has a no-cd (even for a DVD!) which works well for not requiring the CD but I doubt it matters - it only accesses the CD for the copy protection check anyway, just make sure you installed the lot to the HDD.

doing a full install and using a "no-cd" would be a good idea - that way u shouldnt need to use the dvd except for installing.

Why dont u have SP2? i would definitly recommend geting that. Also make sure u have the latest directx 9.0c installed
    Last edited by Chilling_Silence; 01-07-2005 at 02:03 AM. Reason: People can PM you if they need a URL - Keep it off the Forum - Stick to the rules

Correct my English!

Just curious, Larry. How old are you? Perhaps the game is underage-resistant?

Jokingly

Free, 24/7 telephone health advice service | Healthline - 0800 611 116

Smoking KILLS. Don't let your life be ruled by cigarettes. | Quitline - 0800 778 778 ‎

Join the unofficial PressF1 WCG team!