Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cordless phones that transfer

Hi,
    My old uniden is on its death bed so in the market for another cordless phone. I am wanting to get one of those dect type phones so I can have 2 handsets connected. There are a lot on the market but I dont know what they call the one feature I want. The ability to transfer incoming call from one handset to another. I know most can be used like walkie talkie's but not sure if that means they also have the feature I want.

Does anyone here have such phones with this feature?

Cheers
    Sam

Default Re: Cordless phones that transfer

Quote Originally Posted by sam m
    Hi,
    My old uniden is on its death bed so in the market for another cordless phone. I am wanting to get one of those dect type phones so I can have 2 handsets connected. There are a lot on the market but I dont know what they call the one feature I want. The ability to transfer incoming call from one handset to another. I know most can be used like walkie talkie's but not sure if that means they also have the feature I want.

Does anyone here have such phones with this feature?

Cheers
    Sam
    Yes, most of the Panasonics does.

I would be amazed if any DECT phones don't have that feature. For multi-handset phones, its a basic feature.

Thanks, I have only started looking online and was looking for a specific feature that said "call transfer". Maybe it is expected so not really a feature. That's good as I was thinking that it might only be available on the more expensive models.

Cheers

I recently bought the Uniden WDECT2355 + 1 Combo Cordless Telephone Answer Machine from Boise Order Point where they were about $40 cheaper than DSE. That combo can transfer calls between handsets and it is a handy intercom if SWMBO wants to let me know the g & t has been poured

My daughter has had the same setup since Christmas and is very happy with it, as am I. The base unit is in my house, and one extra handset is in my office down the back of the garden. The extra handset works fine even though it is 50 metres away from the base set, and inside a Skyline (i.e. metal clad) building.

You can get them in black and silver, or ivory.

Quote Originally Posted by John H
    I recently bought the Uniden WDECT2355 + 1 Combo Cordless Telephone Answer Machine from Boise Order Point where they were about $40 cheaper than DSE. That combo can transfer calls between handsets and it is a handy intercom if SWMBO wants to let me know the g & t has been poured

My daughter has had the same setup since Christmas and is very happy with it, as am I. The base unit is in my house, and one extra handset is in my office down the back of the garden. The extra handset works fine even though it is 50 metres away from the base set, and inside a Skyline (i.e. metal clad) building.

You can get them in black and silver, or ivory.
    snap!

Just got back for DSE and they had this model (with extra handset) on sale for $197. They had lots in stock so might start comparing prices with other stores.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sam m
    snap!

Just got back for DSE and they had this model (with extra handset) on sale for $197. They had lots in stock so might start comparing prices with other stores.

thanks
    That is a very sharp price. It is on their website for $278 I think. I doubt you will get it any cheaper than that. You may of course be talking about the model that does not have an answer phone - that would account for the $big difference. If you have been looking at the one without the answerphone, suggest you try Boise and see what they are selling that model for, because they were much cheaper than DSE for the one I bought, and I did notice another Uniden "non-TAM" model there on special when I bought mine.

I couldnt believe the price and it is definitely the same one with the answer machine (has a black extension part with answer machine buttons). I dont need one with answer machine but the other model (I think you are referring to) is the same price $198.
    Looks like I will buy it, looks like it was good timing for my old one to die, it has been playing up for about a year.

cheers

Those phones come in two versions: one with one handset and the other with two handsets, if I remember correctly.

I would therefore check that you are looking at the two handset version if I were you. It is a really good price if it is - I paid $262 nine months ago and that was a good deal at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyMX
    Those phones come in two versions: one with one handset and the other with two handsets, if I remember correctly.

I would therefore check that you are looking at the two handset version if I were you. It is a really good price if it is - I paid $262 nine months ago and that was a good deal at the time.
    I agree - I paid about $280 for my daughter's set, and I paid over $240 for mine last month (at Boise).