Default How do I save to a USB Mass Storage device?

I have a USB2.0 Card Driver and a 1GB (SD) Secure Digital Card. Information has been put on the card but all of a sudden I can no longer save to the card. When I try and save I am told the that I cannot save or create this file as the disk is write-protected or damaged?
    Any solutions to the problem of how I can save to the SD card please?

Default Re: How do I save to a USB Mass Storage device?

The exterior of a Secure Digital Card has a sliding button that is used to create a Write Protection, that is, prevent you from overwriting files allready on the card.

Locate this sliding button and slide to opposite end and you then ought to be able to save further data to the card, provding it is not damaged or full.

This URL: Picture of a Secure Digital Card contains a picture of such a card. The yellow slider on left side is a lock bar( that is a Write protector).

Regards,

Timothy

Smile Re: How do I save to a USB Mass Storage device?

Thanks Timothy for your reply. I have tried the switch on the card on both lock and unlock. It does not woprk on either. Furthermore when I use the Safety Remove Hardware it comes up with the statement: " the device - 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later".

I cannot delete items from the SD card either. Comes up with "cannot delete write protected".

Thanks
    Hercules

Default Re: How do I save to a USB Mass Storage device?

If an application is accessing the device while you are trying to start the safely remove hardware procedure, the system will show this message to avoid losing data. To enable a succesfull removal, just close all applications that are related to the drive, such as for example Explorer, Media Player which might be playing files directly from the device, etcetera.

Question: The USB 2.0 Card Driver you have have you made certain it is capable of reading/writing to a 1 GB SD card? Not all Card readers can do this; and in some cases updating the firmware associated with that Card Reader via the website of the manufacturer of the card, will overcome this issue.

Regards,

Timothy

Smile Re: How do I save to a USB Mass Storage device?

Thanks Timothy
    I will look at the options you suggest. Many thanks.

Regards
    Hercules