Lord of Thunder

Cool SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Install CD

Can anyone help me locate an Audigy 2 install cd as mine appears to have done a runner. While I can and have installed the drivers from the Creative site I cannot install all the functional addons that go with the card, such as the EAX console and the speaker configuration controls. There are updates for these but they won't install unless you already have the originals installed from the cd. If you can help then please send an email to nzwhiteknight at gmail dot com. Thanks very much.

Default Re: SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Install CD

Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    Can anyone help me locate an Audigy 2 install cd as mine appears to have done a runner. While I can and have installed the drivers from the Creative site I cannot install all the functional addons that go with the card, such as the EAX console and the speaker configuration controls. There are updates for these but they won't install unless you already have the originals installed from the cd. If you can help then please send an email to nzwhiteknight at gmail dot com. Thanks very much.
    I had this problems also with the Live card. But dooing a google has found this:
    http://forum.gladiator-antivirus.com...pic=15966&st=0

which says this:
    Download the Web Update version of the Surround Mixer from Creative, but don't run the setup file, it will detect if the mixer is alread install or not and won't let you update unless it finds and exisiting install of it.

Instead, since it is an self extrating archive, use WinRAR to extract it to a temp folder. In your temp folder you'll now find a sub folder named SURMIX2, go in there and run the setup.exe file there and the mixer will install.

You can use the same procedure for the Audigy Drivers and the HQ control panel without having to install all the stuff from the original CD. This makes a nice clean install of the whole Audigy Drivers and Software. Another great thing to point out, I was able to get the the WDM drivers to install on a Win98 box with full SoundFont support too!

from here:
    http://au.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp
    or
    http://nl.europe.creative.com/support/downloads/

Lord of Thunder

Thanks very much for that I'll definately give it ago next chance I get. I'll post here to let you know how I got on.

Lord of Thunder

well I gave it a go and well it didn't work. After extracting the file I went into where I extracted it to and there was no Surmix2 folder at all in fact the only folder was one called Licence. So I decided to extract the bin cab file and there was a Surmix folder in there but no exe files at all. I guess I am going to need the CD after all.

I have the two CDs supplied with my sound card if this helps.

As I have a CD Burner I can make a copy.

Audigy 2.

Lord of Thunder

That would be great I can pay you for the postage and the cd's. My email address is in my first post.

Lord of Thunder

Hello AMD1 are you still receiving I would very much like it if you could spin off a copy for me as my speakers sound just awful with being configured correctly nzwhiteknight at gmail.com