Brother Dragonbreath

Default I've been invaded

Since SP2 installed I've had two(?) programs download and install themselves on my computer. One is fairly benign a date manager from somebody called Gain Publishing. The other seems to be some kind of adware blocker called Virtual Bouncer by a company called AdServer. This one starts running every time I log onto the internet claiming I have adware, parasites and other nasties on my system. Both of these programs have installed themselves on my toolbar and have no options anywhere to uninstall them. So I have two questions. First obviously, how do I uninstall these programs? Second, if in fact I do have adware and parasites on my computer who does a good job of dealing with these things? I'm definitely not going to use Adserver...too rude! I've run Norton and it shows no viruses. Many thanks...Brother Dragonbreath

johnboy

Default Re: I've been invaded

Try these programs
    Adaware
    site
    A2 here
    SpyBot search and destroy from
    [url=http://www.safer-networking.org/]Here[/url
    Make sure these programs are updated after you download them
    hth

Spacemannz

Try Spybot from www.spybot.info

For Gain Manager, Date Manager, might be in add/remove programs. Uninstall it. Then use Spybot.

johnboy

SpyBot search and destroy from
    Here

stu120404

Brother Dragonbreath see your other thread:

http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread....1&thread=51330

Lets us know how you get on

Brother Dragonbreath

Thanks to all of you for your help. FAQ#16 was great though I had trouble with AdAware SE failing to run(it would cause a reboot) but I was able to fix that by running SpyBot SE first(?!). I'm also very uncertain about how to configure these programs but I guess I'll learn from practice. This webpage is priceless and I'm very grateful to all of you.