Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Poppa John

Default Outlook Express.

G'day All. I expect this question has been asked to death. Could not find owt in Faqs.
    Maryann & I are now on Jetstream & can both access the Net independantly whether or not the other computer is on. We were networked on a modem before. Have not changed the networking & are both working thro a Speedtouch router. Sigma/XP & Dell/98.

So my question is :- We use Outlook Express, is it possible to direct Maryann's E-mail to the Dell/98 & PJs Email to the Sigma/XP? PJ

stu120404

Default Re: Outlook Express.

Hello PJ & Maryann

I hope you are both well?

> Maryann & I are now on Jetstream & can both access
    > the Net independantly whether or not the other
    > computer is on.

[off topic] cool B-), I hope you are enjoying Jetstream , are you on JetSurf?

[/off topic]

>We were networked on a modem before.
    > Have not changed the networking & are both working
    > thro a Speedtouch router. Sigma/XP & Dell/98.

> So my question is :- We use Outlook Express, is it
    > possible to direct Maryann's E-mail to the Dell/98 &
    > PJs Email to the Sigma/XP? PJ

Hmmm, is this on just the one e-mail account? ?:|

Murray P

Don't use OE anymore Poppa but you could siml\ply set up message rules in OE on each computer. Something like: If the message is addressed to maryanne@spam.com... block and visa versa. Words to that affect, it may actually be if the to: field contains....... Tools Message Rules New Rule, IIRC.

If you have totally different accounts then just set up each OE on the individual computers without the others email included. Your programmes, Windows networking and the router will do the rest. That's why I'm not getting my son's online game on my screen as he plays. He has the game programme which has requested the files, windows passes this on and the router remembers the request...kind of, but I'll stop while I'm only slightly behind

Cheers Murray P

Poppa John

Stu.
    Yes both well Thanks, apart from the arthritus in this cold damp weather.
    Jetstream, the $39.95 one. Absolute magic.
    Yes one Telecom account.
    PJ

Poppa John

Murray P. Your first para sounds familiar. May have to talk to Xtra helpdesk as well to check what "aliases" are on the system. PJ

Poppa John

Stu. It is this time of the year that I wish there was a really good, FREE, Speech to Text programme available!!!! To help arthritic people like us. PJ

Murray P

How many non-alias account to you get with Xtra PJ, I'd a thought at least two if not three or four. Your ISP can still re-route an aliases email to another address AFAIK, or you might be luckky to get it as a stand alone if nobody else has got there first. It would be simplar (read, less messy) to do with separate addy's.

If you go to the help section of OE it might be quicker and less frustrating than hanging on the end of the phone listening to Xtra's muzak. Can't ressurect OE and look myself due to a wee matter of the wrong OS at the mo.

Cheers Murray P

Poppa John

Murray P. Don't know about "non-alias" accounts, puzzled frown here.!! Five aliases are available but I cannot remember how it all works, (thinks hard then wonders about that Alcatraz memory loss thingy !!!)
    Will have a look at OE help, Thanks. PJ

Murray P

Alias's are just addy's that are tacked on to your main accounts addy or addy's if you have more than one, the draw back with aliases is, as you now know, that all the incoming mail gets sent to the alias even that for the account they are tacked on to (hence the message filter/rule).

From what I can gather Xtra only offer 1 email account or box per account but several aliases. Paradise give you six. If you want to pay a few dollars a month extra you can get another account/box. I guess they don't call themselves Xtra for nothing, you pay for the privilege. Someone who has an Xtra account could enlighten us a bit more, perhaps.

In the meantime it would be handy to set the message rules anyway.

Cheers Murray P

Murray P

Correction/clarification:

Paradise gives you six accounts/boxes. You can then tack on aliases to each of those.

Aliases, as the term suggests, are really only useful for outgoing mail to which you wish to have different identities to different (categories of) recipients. eg: Family and close friends, business/formal, no identifying text within the address.

Cheers Murray P