fritz

Default Mouse/Cursor Freezes

My mouse quite frequently freezes, it always happens just after I hear a 'Ding-Dong' sound. Sometimes it gets reactivated after a few seconds, but other times it stays frozen. To free it up I have to pull out the mouse plug from its USB port and then plug it in again. My OS: Windows XP Home. Can someone help please. Thanks

lagbort

Default Re: Mouse/Cursor Freezes

the ding dong sound usually indicates windows recognising the presence or departure of a USB device, is the ding dong, dropping in pitch or rising (rising indicates windows detecting a new usb device, dropping indicates it detecting one being removed) if it is detecting the loss of the usb mouse, try reinstalling drivers, or check the mouse in another usb plug to make sure that a dodgy plug is not your culprit.

agent_24

did you by any chance purchase this from QMB computers and is it a 2 button 1 scroll wheel ball mouse? made by logitec or something?

fritz

Thanks lagbort for your very informative mail. Never knew what the ding-dong sound meant; took your advice and reinstalled the driver, - my mouse is working perfectly now. Thanks again

fritz

No 'agent 24' I didn't buy my mouse from QMB, got it from Quay Computers, it's an Optical IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 - highly recommend it, the best mouse I have ever had. Thanks for your post

agent_24

oh, right

just i bought the one i mentioned off QMB and within 3 days it did the same thing yours did, then died.

i took it back and exchanged for a new one which did the same thing.

took that one back, wen to Dick Smith and bought a 5 button one with 2 scroll wheels USB laser that has worked ever scince.