Newteach

Default Cant delete files - They keep coming back.

At work I run a laptop both on a Networked server and at times indepentantly, (not hooked up to the server). My problem is that when I keep getting the same previously deleted files coming back to the desktop when I relog on. I delete them while hooked up to the Network, log off, go home, come back the next day, log on and hay presto, they're back again. Can anyone tell me how to delete the files without them returning from the dead.

godfather

Default Re: Cant delete files - They keep coming back.

What are the files, in what directory on the laptop, and what operating system?

CYaBro

Does the server have mandatory or roaming profiles?

With a mandatory profile you can logon then delete - add etc to your hearts content but log off and on again and everything will be back to original.

With a roaming profile you can do what you like and when you log off the desktop should be updating the profile on the server. i.e in your case deleting the files. Maybe this has gone out of sync and it is not updating with the server when you log off.

Newteach

Cheers for the quick responces, the files are just ordinary files I have created on my desk top to hold jpegs that I created with a digital camera.
    There is also another file in my documents also with jpegs which keeps coming back. As for roaming etc, I couldn't be totally sure but this doesn't happen on on other laptops in the office, others can delete and create to their hearts desire without files coming back after being deleted.

Merlin

Roaming profiles can be mandatory.

That the problem is confined to the laptop regardless of connection to the network suggests any problem may be confined to the laptop configuration.

Why is the network administrator consulted regarding this apparent problem which may be by design.