Shooter

Default IE printing cut off right side of page

Hi All

When printing a web page the printer has a wide boarder on the left and cuts off the right side of the text. I have checked page setup and margins are 10mm left and right and 7.5mm top and bottom. Page set for A4 size.

Cheers for your help
    Shooter

Steve_L

Default Re: IE printing cut off right side of page

I have had this problem from time to time and I found two things that work: Try setting your printer options to slightly reduce the printed page; my Epson has a 97% setting.

Secondly, select the text you want to print (drag with mouse or use Shift + mouse), then instruct the printer to only print the selected portion.

There is a 3rd way that I have used at times, but it is fiddly and takes time: select and copy the items to be printed and paste it into a document or html file or whatever you prefer.

However, I suspect that there may be a setting within a web browser or other clever trick, so lets see what other answers readers have.

Cheers, Steve_L

Jim B

Under the 'File' menu highlight and select ‘Page Setup'

A 'Page Setup' Window will appear

Under 'Margins * decrease the margin width.

You could also check this.

This is how Microsoft Internet Explorer accesses the printing settings:
    For Page Margins, Microsoft Internet Explorer first tries to get the values from this registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PageSetup
    If there is no such a key, Internet Explorer create this key by copying the values from the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PageSetup
    If there is no such key, default values are provided.

For the Header and Footer, the values are picked up from the following:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PageSetup
    If there is no such key, default values are provided.

The defaults are 0.75 for margins

For the Internet Explorer default printer, default values are provided from:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PageSetup\printer

Angry Re: IE printing cut off right side of page

Hi,
    I rather experience a very peculiar problem. I have developed a page in asp.net, which has a Print button by itself. It has to take the user to the printer window (I have used window.print()). When the user selects the printer and says print the first and the third page ( third page being the last page) gets printed properly where as the second page will have problems with the right side margin. This page is getting created on the run depending on the user's inputs. When I view the print preview, I found that the text in the next line of the page also comes to the previous page resulting in the loss of data in the II page content alone.

For example,

In the actual page, if I have

When a page from the web is printed, sometimes the right
    hand side centremeter will be cut off.
    Microsoft has a knowledge base article about this problem:

The text in the print preview would be,

When a page from the web is printed, sometimes the right hand side centremeter will be cut off. Microsoft has a
    knowledge base article about this problem:

therefore resulting in the loss of data. I have tried adjusting the right and left side margins, but without luck.

This happens even if i print it with/without back to back option.
    Even if i ask for the II page alone to be printed twice instead of the whole web page content, both the pages have the right side margin lost.

The same content that appears in the II page if made to appear in the III page does not affect the right margin of the III page. Thus, it does not have any content related issues.

Printing with landscape option wont be a reasonable option for the user. So, that can be ruled out.

Please advise what could be the work around at teh earliest as i have to get back to the user.

Have you noticed that the computer monitor and hence the web page are wider than long? ie: they are landscape format. If you therefore set the page orientation to print in landscape mode then you will get all of the page.

Hi Andy. Google a small download called PrintPunk. I use it all the time.