southpaw

Default How do you know if your CPU is going bad?

That's about it really. Are there any tell-tale signs / messages etc that indicate a bad or dying CPU?

I currently have a 1.1GHz Duron.

Dragonslayer

Default Re: How do you know if your CPU is going bad?

Dying CPU?, I didn't think they did that, I thought it either works, or doesn't?

-=JM=-

What symptoms are you getting.

I won't mention common ones otherwise you're bound to find them occuring

Marty2001

Dying CPUs are very uncommon
    Defective RAM, motherboard, power supplies, fans or hard drives are much more common.
    The most common problem would be if the CPU fan did not work (Not even sure if you have one - you may only have a huge heat sink) - then the PC would freeze after being on for between one minute and thirty minutes. I don't know how long a 1GB duron would take to overheat.

kiwistag

Putting it bluntly - although not to upset AMD fans, Durons do seem to play up more than Celeron CPU's.
    Don't get me wrong by saying this as it isn't usually directly AMD's fault that they do, "they can 'sometimes' be more susceptable to faults"..
    If your CPU is running hotter than normal then it may be a reason, therefore check the temperature & make sure you have a good fan and especially air flow.
    If your boards have heatsinks for either the voltage regulators or the bus chipsets make sure they are well mounted and that you have good airflow in your case.

Another possible fault is check your voltage settings in the BIOS and the Bus Speeds. As above, check everything else as well..