Default paradise...farrrr from it...

is it just me having problems with paradise? it took me 1/2 hour to connect and thennnnnnnnnnnn to make me very angry, i get this pre recorded message when i dial-in telling me something about overloading... i think i may be regretting ever changing from ihug...

thoughts anyone?

Default Re: paradise...farrrr from it...

Just be glad you didn't choose xtra. I have been with Paradise for 2 years or so and have had very few problems. Now have jetstart with them.

Just be glad you didn't choose Paradise. I have been with Xtra for 2 years and had very few problems. Now have jetstart with them.

What's your point?

I'm in the country and have not noticed any decline in connectability. Try using a different number.

I must be lucky then. I have been using Xtra for over a year now and have had no problems at all.

...except when I swiched to Jestart...err...Jetstream Starter 5000 when the Jetstream servers went down for a couple days.

But apart from that i've had no problems.

now that the isp bashing has died down.......

it sounds like a telecom problem with an exchange overloading. nothing any isp can do about it.

I'm on a PARADISE cable, which of course by passes telecon completely. I have been enjoying reliable service without a glitch for over a year. I don't think the problem lies with paradise, but as tweak e says.. 'it sounds like a telecom problem with an exchange overloading. nothing any isp can do about it.' This gets everyone, well almost everyone ;-)
    Dont regret changing from IHUG, i have done the same, and enjoy having an ISP with reliable servers and so forth.

Recieving the telecom recorded message 'Sorty your call can not be connected at present....' Does mean the over loading is a teleom problem.

Examples I feel a needed here.
    When one dials up the internet the call normally connects to the isp via PR2 circuits. (these are dedicated data circuits). IF in this example say paradice a doing dome upgrades to equipment, mantaience etc, then they will block these PR2 circits. So when one was to dail up then they would recieve a telecom overloading messaging.

This is something very much an ISP can do about it !

I've been with paradise for a month now (from Xtra) and haven't had one occasion when I couldn't connect. Download speed is faster too. I'm really happy with the change.
    Ray.A

Hi

If you are using Telecom phone lines then you can run into problems with your local exchange getting overloaded.

If you are in an area where you have access to TelstraClear (Saturn) phone lines then try changing as you then don't have to go through a local Telecom Exchange.