Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Wellington's Ngauranga Gorge speed camera reclaims title as NZ's top ticketer

Quote Originally Posted by plod View Post
    my son is a sucker for speed cameras. Been done by the same one 3 times outside griffins in Lower Hutt. Employment status is employed. Just hasn’t grasped the concept of wanting to keep his own money yet.
    That little bastard got me about 5mins after they installed it. Gone are the days of getting a good run-up for the hill.

Default Re: Wellington's Ngauranga Gorge speed camera reclaims title as NZ's top ticketer

Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post
    That little bastard got me about 5mins after they installed it. Gone are the days of getting a good run-up for the hill.
    What sort of car you drive that needs a run up
    samsung, discovering a new galaxy every month

Quote Originally Posted by plod View Post
    What sort of car you drive that needs a run up
    Was driving a Nissan 1.5 with a CVT.

Not mine. It is important to clarify that.

Was driving a Nissan 1.5 with a CVT.Not mine. It is important to clarify that.
    Haha
    samsung, discovering a new galaxy every month

Back onto topic here's what's happening with Auckland's new tunnel (emphasis mine) ...

Police has released the first six weeks of infringement data for its safe speed cameras at Waterview Tunnel in Auckland.

Police operates four safe speed cameras, one at each entrance and exit, at Waterview Tunnel.

These cameras went live on 21 July 2017, following an extensive calibration and testing process.
    Motorists were given advance warning on NZ Transport Agency signage that the safe speed cameras would be enforcing the 80 km speed limit.
    This was supported by a highly visible Police presence in and around the tunnel as people got used to the new route, to encourage safe driver behaviour.
    National Manager of Road Policing Superintendent Steve Greally says it was important to release this first set of infringement data due to the high level of public interest and to reiterate the need to drive safely and to the conditions.

From 21 July 2017 – 31 August 2017, Police safe speed cameras at Waterview Tunnel issued 9,756 infringement notices for excessive speed, from a total of 1,520,767 vehicle trips through the tunnel.

This equates to 6 in every 1,000 vehicles going through the tunnel (or 0.6%) incurring an infringement notice.

The total infringement fee value of the notices generated by the safe speed cameras was $948,220.

“Unfortunately, the infringement data released for the Waterview Tunnel shows that a large number of road users are simply driving too fast.
    The speed limit set for Waterview Tunnel is there to keep all road users safe and a crash would likely cause significant harm and traffic disruption,” Mr Greally says.
    [...]

ENDS
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by WalOne View Post
    Back onto topic here's what's happening with Auckland's new tunnel (emphasis mine) ...
    Ca-chingggg $$$$ Now with all those who were caught, during that time how many accidents /crashes were there because someone or more to the point 9,756 were going slightly over 80 ???

Do they have Signs up flashing how fast a person is going ??
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Excellent result Wal.

Tunnel should be paid for in no time.

And if they put “Red Light” Cameras in Tauranga we’d be rate free in 12 months.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

pcsourcepoint

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Ca-chingggg $$$$ Now with all those who were caught, during that time how many accidents /crashes were there because someone or more to the point 9,756 were going slightly over 80 ???

Do they have Signs up flashing how fast a person is going ??
    Article says "excessive" speed, but wonder if different fines for those not as "excessive" (lower limit speedsters).

Here's a dash cam of the Waterview Tunnel.. Another road cam of a brazen motorcyclist telling of drivers texting when driving around Auckland City and adjacent motorway.
    Computer Tech Links (My Tutorials & Reviews)| Free MP3 Software Reviews (My Reviews)|I Student NZ (My Student Resoucre Tips)

Was driving a Nissan 1.5 with a CVT.

Not mine. It is important to clarify that.
    Vital clarification.
    Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."