Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Windows 7 admin password recovery or reset

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Thanks folks. Problem is resolved. Except she must've spilled some gunk over the laptop's keyboard at some stage, cos a third of the keys don't work and has to use the on-screen virtual keyboard. Hmm, dunno how I'm gonna sort that one!
    Simple, get one from Aliexpress. Have a look at the back of the keyboard, there will be a part code, search for it. takes a couple of weeks to arrive but a lot cheaper than getting one from any NZ suppliers.

I picked up a Keyboard for a otherwise good computer that I was given, the owners were going to throw it out even though I said it could be fixed.

Keyboard ( at the time) = $17.65 (NZ) Free shipping. To buy the same KB in NZ was $45- $55

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ASUS_Keyboard.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	8329

If you're unsure provide the make/ and code number and I'll post some links. Got to look as some of them are of different layouts ( russian for example)
    Last edited by wainuitech; 07-10-2017 at 11:12 AM.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    If you're unsure provide the make/ and code number and I'll post some links. Got to look as some of them are of different layouts ( russian for example)
    Thanks Wainui.

Make: Toshiba Satellite L650
    Model: PSK1JA-0FN017
    Serial: YA352203Q
    Kool-Aid Black Cherry! Get it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Thanks Wainui.

Make: Toshiba Satellite L650
    Model: PSK1JA-0FN017
    Serial: YA352203Q
    Looking at the Model/Make, this "should" be the correct ones. under $20. Looking at the keyboard, there will be a panel that gets unscrewed/removed above the keyboard, the screws removed and should simply lift out a little, and unplug the ribbon.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...+L650+keyboard Look out for the right type, meaning some are russian layoput. The differences in pricing on Aliexpress are different suppliers and layouts. Example, the 1st is a US Layout $14 and the 2nd is a russian. You see details when you open the link.

Same KB in NZ $45+ Freight. AND if you really want a WTF moment !!!!!

Have a look if you got it directly from Toshiba ( HINT: Sit down first) https://store.emprgroup.co.nz/c-41913-keyboard.aspx

Normally I look at the original Board, remove it from the actual laptop, and if you look at some of the pictures there is a sticker under the KB, cross reference for other codes.

The problem you have to look out for, when you mentioned something may have been spelt, got one here at the moment, a cup of tea took out the Keyboard, Hard Drive and as discovered today the left mouse button. The right works OK, as well as the touch pad. Only found that as I always use a USB mouse, hate those damn buttons on laptops
    Last edited by wainuitech; 07-10-2017 at 10:19 PM.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

You're a Gem Wainui. Ta mate.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    I always use a USB mouse, hate those damn buttons on laptops
    Ditto!
    Kool-Aid Black Cherry! Get it here!