Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: HDMI PROBLEM. BLUE RAY PLAYER MODE NOT SUPPORTED BT TV?

After a bit of a google....true specs are well & truely hidden .
    the ACTUAL display of that TV is only (Im guessing its an old plasma)
    Definition: 1024 x 768
    https://translate.googleusercontent....qbcvfPU1pRbQbA
    look at page 24 of the manual, that hints at its true res.

other higher res modes are only down-scaled to suit. So its having issues trying to downscale, or the BR is set to 1080p . The specs show 1080p NOT supported
    Go into the BR & set the res/display to 1024 , or 720p.

Honestly, if thats the true resolution, you may as well go back to a DVD player

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    After a bit of a google....true specs are well & truely hidden .
    the ACTUAL display of that TV is only (Im guessing its an old plasma)
    Definition: 1024 x 768
    https://translate.googleusercontent....qbcvfPU1pRbQbA
    look at page 24 of the manual, that hints at its true res.

other higher res modes are only down-scaled to suit. So its having issues trying to downscale, or the BR is set to 1080p . The specs show 1080p NOT supported
    Go into the BR & set the res/display to 1024 , or 720p.

Honestly, if thats the true resolution, you may as well go back to a DVD player
    1101 ...hi and thanks for that info. I have found the manual for the Samsung TV I have and the resolutions available for HDMI are 480p, 576p,720p and 1080i. As the BR Player said it will set itself to the highest mode available in the TV well I would expect it to have either set to 1080i or 720p, of course it hasn't. Man at shop where I bought it (the BR Player) says the HDMI chip in my TV has failed somehow and at the end of the day it is a headache Yep when I connected it to neighbours TV and it opened up and played a non BR DVD in 1024x1080p M50 without a problem at all...so somethings amiss between the BR Player and my TV/HDMI connection/chip circuitry....
    The TV was given to me about 5 month ago when a friend bought one of the latest Smart TV's that she said even goes to the loo for her so she doesn't have to pause play/watch Also gave me a $200.00 Dick Smith Sat receiver for getting TV on it but as I didn't have a Sky Sat Dish or an external UHF Aerial I bought a Freeview.Plus Aerial Box and used my indoor amplified Aerial which wouldn't work in the Sat Receiver device I was given.
    Yep the TV is getting on in years but works well enough for me but maybe if I want to use a BR Player I just gonna have to get a BR Optic drive for my PC or a newer tele.... just to mention, I noticed when I was at the Local branch of a Major Store that they had on special some 42inch TV's . A sony that I don't have the model # for and that was Full HD LCD priced at $749...but there is a Veon Model SRO422016 Full HD LCD up for grabs at $399.
    Food for thought.
    The TV I have will make a monster Monitor for Games. .... or a Tele in the bedroom.
    But.first, when my neighbour comes awake and I can use her TV to get into the BR Player's settings, I will try and see if I can set it to an output res that will suit my TV...but as you say, if all I can get is 720p well, seems a waste of time.

Cheers.
    Last edited by kioti; 07-10-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Older by the minute

IF you decide to get a new TV, look very carefully at the USB playback modes if you decide on SONY. My 55" Bravia will only accept .avi and .mp4 (and one or two others). I am most disappointed and need to bypass this problem by attaching my laptop as a go between and external HDD and the TV screen ---- just saying as you could be very disappointed if you can't play a USB because of a wrong suffix. Also the TV will only accept fat32 of exfat formats, HTFS, forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    IF you decide to get a new TV, look very carefully at the USB playback modes if you decide on SONY. My 55" Bravia will only accept .avi and .mp4 (and one or two others). I am most disappointed and need to bypass this problem by attaching my laptop as a go between and external HDD and the TV screen ---- just saying as you could be very disappointed if you can't play a USB because of a wrong suffix. Also the TV will only accept fat32 of exfat formats, HTFS, forget it.
    Bryan,,, thanks for the info. What a PITA you have to go through to get .avi, .mp4 etc to playback on your Sony Bravia. I could get the Veon SRO422016 or just buy a BR RW DVD Optic drive for my PC which will allow me BR Playback to my TV via HDMI, and allow me to make copies of BR DVD's for people who are laying out $40NZ plus for BR DVD's for their children. A ...say...$20-$25 backup copy that plays as well is a cheap insurance against possible damage...but a TV Capable of playing the copies is a necessity....All that is a Room With a View.

Cheers
    Last edited by kioti; 08-10-2017 at 12:02 AM.