Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: vodafone dropping email service

They support the "Warriors" for nothing in return.

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    https://www.vodafone.co.nz/email/#FAQ

"
    What if I leave Vodafone?
    We will provide auto-forwarding to everyone for as long as they want it. This will be at no cost for Vodafone customers, and for the time being it is also at no cost for people who leave Vodafone.
    If we look to review this position, and to introduce a charge for customers who have left us, we will give you three months’ notice. "

ie , nothing is forever . Dont rely on forwarding to be forever .
    I was assured yesterday and again today while canceling my accounts that this information on the web page is now incorrect, and will be updated soon.....

(but obviously nothing is forever, which is why I LOL at her "forever" comment)
    Last edited by bevy121; 11-09-2017 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bevy121 View Post
    I was assured that this information on the web page is incorrect now, and will be updated soon.....
    If you quit voda, you have no contract with them.
    They can then do what ever they want .

If its not in a written contract, its just some talk by a help desk jockey .
    Management can & do change their minds & can cut services off completely to save money

Also, consider that over time, Voda will spend less & less effort into maintaining that forwarding service, & less & less time into sorting out complex issues that arise with that forwarding
    service.
    We have seen this from them in the past , with their old inherited email services , and their dial up services for those who were still using it (but forced off when it stopped working & they wouldnt fix)

Consider the forwarding service ONLY as a temporary, to give you time to sort out other options, or dont complain if you get issues with it in the future. They wont care.

opps, just saw your final comment. Yep , nothings forever. Services get cut & altered after some time :-)
    Last edited by 1101; 11-09-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Delete
    Last edited by John H; 12-09-2017 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Double post

I found that Vodafone were fine, as long as you didn't shift house. However, shift home addresses and all mayhem breaks loose. The final straw that drove me to the opposition was that they signed me up for VDSL at our new address, to be connected at a given date when we got possession of the house. When we got possession we found a letter waiting for us saying "We are sorry that you are leaving us, and hope we can be of service to you in the future." A contract broken by Vodafone for no good reason other than their confused relations with Chorus, so we gave up.

On seeing the news about Vodafone giving up Paradise email addresses, I thought I would check my old address that has now been unpaid for months. There were 17 webmail pages of emails in the inbox, of which only two emails were genuine. There was more spam (but a much lesser amount) in the spam box. I deleted them all two days ago, and checked again this am. Two more pages of spam in my (former) Inbox. Good on Vodafone for keeping my email address alive and unpaid for all those months, but they clearly have no satisfactory spam filters.
    Last edited by John H; 12-09-2017 at 03:19 PM.

We don't seem to be getting any emails through Clear and as out ISP and land line customer are wondering why!!, get something sent over from FaceBook on a daily basis.

Might have to throw the CGA at them, rofl.

lurking.

We don't seem to be getting any emails through Clear and as out ISP and land line customer are wondering why!!, get something sent over from FaceBook on a daily basis.

lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurking View Post

yep, try and get a refund for the FREE email service they no longer support
    your refund, $0, ask for a cheque

Regardless, Im sure there T&C's will cover their ass & allow them to make any change they want

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    yep, try and get a refund for the FREE email service they no longer support
    your refund, $0, ask for a cheque

Regardless, I'm sure their T&C's will cover their ass & allow them to make any change they want
    Yeah, would probably need to read their contract, then again they took over Clear initially, and we don't remember seeing a contract from Voodofone.

lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurking View Post

lurking.
    Who is the mail being redirected to ? All the setup's I've done have been to Outlook.com or .co.nz, Ours took 5 Working days to change over.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer