Default E-mail addresses

I am using Mail/Outlook as my e-mail client in W10 and presumably another program, also called Outlook in Word 2016. My addresses are stored in the file called "People" , but whenever I try to send mail from Word, it cannot find this file, and seems to be looking for something called "Contacts". There also seems to be something called "Address Book" coming into the picture somewhere, so all in all it seems to be a complete shambles. Is there somewhere I can store e-mail addresses so that all mail will have access?

Default Re: E-mail addresses

How exactly are you trying to send via Word --- Explain step by step ??? BTW the contacts are stored in your email client, NOT word.

Word is not an email client, Outlook is. Normally if the option to send a mail is in a program it will open your default email client.

Example: If you go into word, File - Share - Email - Send as ----(several options) it then opens your email client, NOT word.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I am using Mail/Outlook as my e-mail client in W10 and presumably another program, also called Outlook in Word 2016. My addresses are stored in the file called "People" , but whenever I try to send mail from Word, it cannot find this file, and seems to be looking for something called "Contacts". There also seems to be something called "Address Book" coming into the picture somewhere, so all in all it seems to be a complete shambles. Is there somewhere I can store e-mail addresses so that all mail will have access?
    How many versions of Outlook are installed . What versions are they
    not sure what you mean by ~mail/outlook & another program outlook~ . Unfortunately with MS , both can mean more than one thing. Mail can also be the name of an email client .
    Could be that Outlook2016 isnt the deafault email client , assuming you have Outlook2016. Is the default just 10's built in Mail client ?
    Could also be that Outlook is just the preinstalled demo/time limited version ?

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    How exactly are you trying to send via Word --- Explain step by step ??? BTW the contacts are stored in your email client, NOT word.

Word is not an email client, Outlook is. Normally if the option to send a mail is in a program it will open your default email client.

Example: If you go into word, File - Share - Email - Send as ----(several options) it then opens your email client, NOT word.
    Correct Wainui, but when I try to enter names I get a box headed "Select names: Contacts in richardwmorgan@outlook.com" but everything is blank or greyed out. Nothing in contacts or address book seems to be pointed at the People list. Where should I be storing addresses?

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    How many versions of Outlook are installed . What versions are they
    not sure what you mean by ~mail/outlook & another program outlook~ . Unfortunately with MS , both can mean more than one thing. Mail can also be the name of an email client .
    Could be that Outlook2016 isnt the deafault email client , assuming you have Outlook2016. Is the default just 10's built in Mail client ?
    Could also be that Outlook is just the preinstalled demo/time limited version ?
    I have Outlook 2016 installed, presumably as part of Office 365. I guess my mail client is actually 'Mail' as installed by W10. But my email address is <name>@outlook.com. I am getting totally confused by MS seeming to use the same name for several things.

Old dick-head

Sounds like you have two mail clients running on the same machine : Mail (which is the replacement for Outlook Express) and Outlook. (the full-blown version)

Old dick-head

Don't get confused by the email client called Outlook and the email addresses called outlook.com