Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Old guy

Default Re: new mouse - remote

And as pointed out by CYaBro above check that the batteries do not have a temporary strip which needs to be pulled out before they can make contact.

Thanks WainuiTech - done all the necessaries, all of CYoBros too, but haven't got another computer to test it. I suppose if it does work in another, just proves to be what it's meant to be. Doesn't really solve my problem though, maybe it's me?

Quote Originally Posted by jayal View Post
    Thanks WainuiTech - done all the necessaries, all of CYoBros too, but haven't got another computer to test it. I suppose if it does work in another, just proves to be what it's meant to be. Doesn't really solve my problem though, maybe it's me?
    Pass -- next question

Meaning though -- the reason I suggested another computer is if there's something in yours causing it not to work then plugging it into another and it works eliminates or confirms the device is working or not.

That's what happened at the example I gave relating to the person I went to see , the problem was with security software on the persons computer, NOT the Router /Vodafone, as soon as I attached my laptop to their router mine worked fine, so that eliminates the router/vodafone.

Process of elimination to sort exactly where the problem is.Otherwise you can run around in circles going nowhere.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Quote Originally Posted by jayal View Post
    have mouse/keyboard combination which is the old ones that works - strange the new combination doesn't work

model is Logitech for the old one/Microsoft for new
    Recently my Endeavour remote mouse failed * I also bought a Microsoft one. Plugged the USB bit in New battery in the mouse & all ok. If this is a Touch laptop, you areusing, are you trying to run the mouse & the touch slide mouse on thr laptop? I have the laptop touch mouse disabled. PJ
    Deafness.
    When I was younger I heard but didn't listen.
    Now I am older, I listen but cannot hear.

If it is not broke, don't make it broker by trying to make it better. (This applies specifically to PJ)

Thanks Poppa John, tried that too, no good. Using a desktop PC, W10. The only PC device we have. Never thought this would be SO involved, but am grateful for the replies

The Microsoft Wireless Mouse I used to use often played up, then one day it stopped completely, I think its the actual USB dongle that's causing the problem as it was a keyboard/mouse combo, and when the mouse stopped the KB did as well. Shame because the mouse was quite comfortable as well.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 09-07-2017 at 04:08 PM.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

I went back to the retailer this afternoon to swap the Microsoft mouse to a Logitech one. There's still a problem with the keyboard, screen works fine. i.e. the new mouse works on the screen but no response for the keyboard. The tech guy had it working on both a Microsoft and a Logitech screen. So, at a guess, looks like the keyboard is the problem - but - what is the problem? I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this

Chances are you have a Bluetooth Mouse even the Microsoft one was probably Bluetooth,what was your old one just USB wireless?

If you have a older desktop it may not be Bluetooth compatible

https://discuss.howtogeek.com/t/the-...computer/21067

OK lets stop playing sillies, What are the models of the KB / mouse that is causing the problem. ?

This will determine what you actually have.

On my Microsoft ( that's not broken) & this Logitech KB, there is a small USB Dongle to make them connect.

Have a Marathon M705 and after looking the receiver just plugs into any USB and the bluetooth Device is in built to what you plug in so disregard my last post

I guess you have tried other USB ports and allowed it time to get the driver,your Logitech should have software to install(CD) though not necessary but try it