Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Win10 restarting by itself.

My Win10 restarted by itself just now without any warning.

Event viewer found this;

"Activation of app Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error: This app does not support the contract specified or is not installed"

Any idea what's that? Somthing to do with Weather app?

Default Re: Win10 restarting by itself.

Have a read of this altho this is for a preview of windows. But it maybe the same for RTM versions

I dont think that error you posted would restart the system. It'll be another entry in event viewer, that's causing it

Thanks, Speedy.

I also don't think that the restarting was caused by that event. Still curious to know what's that and maybe, uninstall it.

I just tried to locate the dump file from this location: %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP but Windows could find that file. Where's the dump file located?

Unless it crashed with a stop error there wont be a dmp file

Is ccleaner installed? If it is uninstall Weather. I think that's the app that's causing it

Why not just fix it.

Simply uninstalling is defeating the purpose and lazy way - What say there's an app you use all the time, ( I personally use the weather app quite a lot), so the fix is to uninstall ?? -- Then you lose the app ?

Try running these, may fix it depending on what's caused it in the first place: Open a CMD ( or powershell) , Run as Admin.

Type in dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth press enter - walk away and let it run. It may or may not say at the end the component store is repairable. It often appears to "hang" at 20% its not, so leave it. Once that's done, no matter what it says previous, type in and run:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

NOTE: copy/paste the commands as often people don't type them exactly, and they error.

The problem will be caused by some sort of corruption. This can be caused by some program installed, some action, or even a bad HDD. I had one a week or so back the persons drive was the cause, simply cloned their drive to a new one and it ran noticeably better.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

What you can also try, is in search, type in Toubleshoot open it, scroll down to the bottom of the page, - windows store apps - Run trouble shooter. See what it finds.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Why not just fix it.

Simply uninstalling is defeating the purpose and lazy way - What say there's an app you use all the time, ( I personally use the weather app quite a lot), so the fix is to uninstall ?? -- Then you lose the app ?

Try running these, may fix it depending on what's caused it in the first place: Open a CMD ( or powershell) , Run as Admin.

Type in dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth press enter - walk away and let it run. It may or may not say at the end the component store is repairable. It often appears to "hang" at 20% its not, so leave it. Once that's done, no matter what it says previous, type in and run:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

NOTE: copy/paste the commands as often people don't type them exactly, and they error.

The problem will be caused by some sort of corruption. This can be caused by some program installed, some action, or even a bad HDD. I had one a week or so back the persons drive was the cause, simply cloned their drive to a new one and it ran noticeably better.
    Ran the above with this error:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	8137

What does it mean?

OK. I enabled automatic update batch file and re run those commands.

It has finally successfully completed the operation as shown below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture01.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	8138

Is the problem Fixed with the app error ?

Restarted PC, event viewer still showing the app error. I launched the Weather App, it seems to be working OK, though.