Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    C64 Rules

Default Re: Macbook Pro Mid 2009 A1278 Does not Boot

Try here https://www.rossmanngroup.com/boards/ or look at his You Tube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl2...jw_ELax4Yisf6w

You will most likely find your answer here.
    Carlos maybe king, but Merts is God!!

Interesting guy Jeff, I couldn't find the answer.... and I wasn't going to pay a subscription fee lol

First, thanks for all the people that have replied and helped me troubleshoot this problem, so the DC Jack was successfully replaced however what happened was that after the repair I couldn't turn the laptop on. I googled and googled answers and did all you guys suggestions to no avail. This morning, I decided to take it apart again and I was looking at the logic board however I could not see anything that looked out of the ordinary, I took out the DC Jack plug again and reconnected and googled in between for answers. I then stumbled on this: http://www.spumonte.com/files/PDFs/_...0(13-inch).pdf which I found really helpful. I then also noticed that the keyboard ribbon cable was NOT put in place as it should the last time I put it back together and I started to get some hope. I actually had some difficulty to put this ribbon cable back again however managed. As I did not touch anything else I started to get really hopeful that this was the issue. When everything was put together I put in the magsafe adapter. This went from green to amber and when I pushed the on/off button the laptop turned on! Am extremely happy! Thanks again everyone for your replies, it is definitely a tricky replacement and you have to be 100% sure you put back everything the right way before you assemble the laptop back together again.

Quote Originally Posted by mark1978 View Post
    you have to be 100% sure you put back everything the right way before you assemble the laptop back together again.
    That's a trick for the young players and unwary & sometimes it catches anyone out

Its all to easy to forget one lead, no matter how hard you "think" you got everything 100% it can always trip you up, especially when there's a couple of ribbons. If there are a few, it pays to take a picture of each step.

Had similar happen the other day, thought I'd gotten everything with the laptop I was stripping to change a Cooling fan, then wasn't till I went to put the keyboard back I noticed one empty tiny socket--- Awhhhh crap! it was the power to the speakers, the cable/plug had slipped under some other components, so had to strip it all down again, just to get the plug out from under the motherboard.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Hope you didn't use those techy naughty words, WT.

Quote Originally Posted by linw View Post
    Hope you didn't use those techy naughty words, WT.
    What me !! Welllllllllll Would you believe all I said was "oh bother"

Yeah---------- I don't believe that either

More like: (polite version)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skitched.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	8014

Last edited by wainuitech; 25-04-2017 at 08:59 PM.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer