Default Replacement modem

I'm using a really old Dynalink modem for my broadband Internet. Although it's working great for now I have no doubt it'll pack in sooner or later. I have an unused Telecom Technicolor TG582n which I'm keeping as a backup. It's wireless but can be connected via ethernet cable. So I'm wondering would it be as efficient to use via ethernet instead of wirelessly?
    Kool-Aid Black Cherry! Get it here!

Default Re: Replacement modem

via ethernet = allways better than wireless

Cheers, that's what I was hoping.

What is the model of your Dynalink modem or do you know if it supports ADSL2 which you would be set up for. You maybe limiting your potential speed if it's quite old. Dynalink/Askey was taken over by Netcomm? Can't remember the history but I had an awesome Dynalink RTA ADSL1 model router than had excellent WiFi range but I could not find the firmware for it any longer.

Your Dynalink maybe the better back up in this case, I have not had a TG582n survive it's contracted time. It seems it requires additional cooling measures as it's own isn't adequate and eventually just doesn't want to work.

The Dynalink is a ADSL2+, model RTA1320. My speedtest gave me 17MB download and 1.1 up, which is way better than I'm used to. I had an identical model before this which overheated and died - actually I'm surprised it didn't catch fire cos the plastic case on the top around the vents was quite discoulered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    What is the model of your Dynalink modem or do you know if it supports ADSL2 which you would be set up for. You maybe limiting your potential speed if it's quite old. Dynalink/Askey was taken over by Netcomm? Can't remember the history but I had an awesome Dynalink RTA ADSL1 model router than had excellent WiFi range but I could not find the firmware for it any longer.

Your Dynalink maybe the better back up in this case, I have not had a TG582n survive it's contracted time. It seems it requires additional cooling measures as it's own isn't adequate and eventually just doesn't want to work.