Default Cool Drone Camera - SelFly

Default Re: Cool Drone Camera - SelFly

Meh. Fly those things over my house and I'll shoot them down
    wipe your paws.

Same here pctek will use a "shanghai" tho, if you know what I mean, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pctek View Post
    or just report it to the CAA. They will prosecute.
    Its now illegal (in NZ) to fly any RC drone/plane heli over other peoples property without permission from the land owner

That includes flying over council land and on beaches etc.
    Also now illegal to fly drones over the heads of people without their permission

Common sense laws I thought

I have a drone I was given, did some research to find out where I can fly it and found out the answer is almost nowhere. Of course these things (from the OP) just hover and film you so they aren't exactly going to be flying over your house.

For me the Hamilton council allows them in parks providing you don't bother anyone, but that is totally overridden by the airports no fly zone why basically means in a large chunk of the Waikato region you technically need approval from the airport traffic controller before you are allowed to use these things. Realistically if a plane is low enough over the city to hit one there are bigger things to worry about, but that's the rules.

I can't fly it anyway, I have only ever successfully landed it twice and never has it ended up where I wanted it. It's a cheap one, I can only assume the more expensive ones are better. I did manage to get a close up shot of my roof to see the state of the paint flaking off though I have flown it around my kitchen, that's a mistake, and on my own property. It's incredibly easy to lose control of the thing in a barely noticeable gust of wind.
    i7 6700K, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 SSD, Gigabyte GTX980

Quote Originally Posted by dugimodo View Post
    , but that is totally overridden by the airports no fly zone why basically means in a large chunk of the Waikato region you technically need approval from the airport traffic controller before you are allowed to use these things. .
    shielded operation
    you can fly if you stay below tree level : there has to be nearby trees etc to give shielded operation

You still MUST fly line of sight only, ie eyes on the drone at all times, not flying via a monitor, googles, fpv , ph screen etc
    UNLESS you have an observer with you who will watch the drone & keep a eye out for low flying 747's etc.
    Also cant fly further than you can see : ie no long range fpv

Its all intended to try & stop the idiots flying up to and over the Ak harbour bridge (happned recently), flying over you kids soccer game , flying over your house etc
    In US , Aus etc the idiots even fly there toy drones INTO airport runways & up to parked planes
    the idiots flying the camera drones dont have the basic knowledge of how to fly RC safely .
    https://www.airshare.co.nz/faq
    http://www.caa.govt.nz/rpas/index-2/#Part_101
    Last edited by 1101; 18-04-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Just to stir thing up!!

They must be hugely dangerous, with all the hundreds of thousands of these things flying world wide, in mostly untrained hands.

How many planes have been brought down, or people killed, or even seriously hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Laggard View Post
    Just to stir thing up!!

They must be hugely dangerous, with all the hundreds of thousands of these things flying world wide, in mostly untrained hands.

How many planes have been brought down, or people killed, or even seriously hurt?
    Yes, everyone is in denial.
    seriously hurt...plenty. Usually the operators though. The props can cut deep . Very deep, carbon fibre prop spinning at 10000 revs.
    Or a heavy weight (drone) hitting you at 50mph . I could just throw one at your face & tell me it doesnt hurt
    Last year (?) a camera drone hit a runner on the head , bad enough to knock her out of her race . A drone being use in a restaurant ( a gimmick) & hitting customers & drawing blood.
    There have been a few deaths caused by RC helicoptors. Just a matter of time before a drone kills someone.

There have been plenty of sightings by pilots (who want them banned) , and have even been crashes into flying planes . Yes thats happened despite what the
    deniers will tell you.
    Would you want to be on a plane, coming into land or taking off & having a drone sucked into an engine ?

btw, I own a few quads (drones) . Ive seen what even a 3inch plastic prop can do(from a very small brushless quad) . Blood squirt pain

Good , old, vid here of just what can happen . Just luck no one was hurt
    https://www.suasnews.com/2012/10/mul...n-auckland-nz/

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11519465
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11727967
    http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/nation...s-behaviour%27
    Last edited by 1101; 18-04-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek4414 View Post
    This looks really cool if it lives up to its promises ...
    I'll have to get one of those!
    Kool-Aid Black Cherry! Get it here!

Quote Originally Posted by pctek View Post
    Or send a chimp to deal with it ... https://youtu.be/6FVeZeT_TEA?t=41 (0'43" into the video)