Question Motion Games for my 6 year old with Dyspraxia

Hi there

My 6 year old is a typical boy who loves video games, running and yelling....He also suffers from Dyspraxia which means repetitive movements like swimming and gymnastics is good to help programme his brain.

We recently upgraded our Smart TV to a new Samsung so to get access to Fanpass so now we have a 55 inch TV in our rumpus room. I don't want him to use it for shooter games but active games - I am a PC gamer from way back so am ignorant about console games.

I remember the Wii had some games and the Kinetic is good?

Looking for advice what consoles and accessories / games to buy so him, his friends (and me!) can play some active games please?

Thanks in advance

Barry

Default Re: Motion Games for my 6 year old with Dyspraxia

The kinect isnt too bad. I've got one here with a spare Xbox 360. I cant use it on this since I'm using an Xbox 1 now.

But I've got a few games for it. Kinect sports, Forza 4, Kinect Adventures

All of these need a Kinect to play them

Quote Originally Posted by taxboy4 View Post

My 6 year old suffers from Dyspraxia which means repetitive movements like swimming and gymnastics is good to help programme his brain.
    I don't want him to use it for shooter games but active games
    Why?
    Plenty of good shooter games which would be ideal for helping his condition, and suitable for his age group.
    They tend to have higher end graphics too.

Consoles- well Xbox and PlayStation these days are pretty much like PC games..........except of course you have the controller, not keyboard and mouse.

The advantage is you don't have to spend a fortune upgrading them all the time.

The disadvantage is as you are not spending a fortune upgrading them all the time, the games end up lower end than the PC equivalent.
    wipe your paws.

Quote Originally Posted by pctek View Post
    Why?
    Plenty of good shooter games which would be ideal for helping his condition, and suitable for his age group.
    They tend to have higher end graphics too.

Consoles- well Xbox and PlayStation these days are pretty much like PC games..........except of course you have the controller, not keyboard and mouse.

The advantage is you don't have to spend a fortune upgrading them all the time.

The disadvantage is as you are not spending a fortune upgrading them all the time, the games end up lower end than the PC equivalent.
    He already plays plenty of shooters on Dad's High End Gaming PC (I change it up every 2 years).

Looking for something to utilise TV, that he can play with friends that I don't have to ask Parent's permission for....

VoidMaster

The Rachet and Clank Trilogy on PS3 is the best choice I know of for stimulating, complex games for children and adults, with lovely graphics and many puzzles and good story lines.

Three games on the same disk.

The early Spyro games on the PS1, especially Spyro III, are very good.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Only problem with console or PC games -- You sit on ya backside and use only hands to control.

After reading the start of this thread, dug out the wii that we hadn't played in years. Blimey talk about a workout Phewww after 3 games of tennis ( playing the wii option) talk about knackered Haven't worked out like that for ages.

The one we used to use the most is wii sports https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Sports SWMBO got off her butt, and joined in, certainly needs some coordination of eyes/hand/movement. After a warm up game she beat the pants off me in ten pin bowling Whack F**K where did that go (golf) was a draw

With options like Wii the whole family can play, defiantly a LOT more social activity's.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 16-04-2017 at 05:39 PM.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Only problem with console or PC games -- You sit on ya backside and use only hands to control.

After reading the start of this thread, dug out the wii that we hadn't played in years. Blimey talk about a workout Phewww after 3 games of tennis ( playing the wii option) talk about knackered Haven't worked out like that for ages.

The one we used to use the most is wii sports https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Sports SWMBO got off her butt, and joined in, certainly needs some coordination of eyes/hand/movement. After a warm up game she beat the pants off me in ten pin bowling Whack F**K where did that go (golf) was a draw

With options like Wii the whole family can play, defiantly a LOT more social activity's.
    Lol, that sounds perfect - right Wii it is first!

Thank you for all your replies.