Default Win 10 and HP MFP's ??

Anyone else having issues with WIn10 & HP MFP's

2 new Win10 machines, PC & laptop. Different sites

New WIn10 laptop & HP Laser mfc : downloaded complete software from HP .
    Installed OK, but would print 1 single page & then the driver could no longer connect. Can access via its static IP on a browser & that printer works on the WIn7 laptop
    Tried uninstall/reinstall: same thing, prints 1 page then driver cant connect
    Gave up and installed the brother printer instead, no issues with that

New Win10 PC, almost new HP inkjet MFC . Download & install full printer software package. Install actually detects printer, but when installed driver wont connect to printer
    Uninstall & try the minimal software package from HP: that worked for a few prints, next day driver couldnt connect to printer
    This one was via a USB cable.

Both HP mfc's on Win10 . Win7, vista etc no issues with the same printers
    Searching HP's forums gave no fixes .

Anyone come across this before, 2 HP MFP's with serious 10 issues : too much of a coincidence , as both had same issue.
    Last edited by 1101; 21-03-2017 at 10:07 AM.

Default Re: Win 10 and HP MFP's ??

It maybe the win10 updates. Before Win 10 1607 (AU) came out the printer drivers for the Canon here worked fine. I could scan and print wirelessly

But when I did a clean install of the Anniversary update, (the Canon drivers I had - wouldn't install, until Canon updated the drivers).

But once Canon had updated them on the site, it decided that it would print but not scan wirelessly. The AU is more fussy with drivers than the previous builds

Later found out (by trial and error), that I had to go to devices and printers then add a printer (I had to type in the ip address for the web services for the printer) so it installed the drivers for the wireless scanning

And so far so good, it's behaving now. And an update came out for 1607 today, if you're using it

So your prob maybe similar to mine, HP may have to update their drivers on their site. To fix it
    Last edited by Speedy Gonzales; 21-03-2017 at 10:27 AM.

And another one , yesterday

Canon scanner/printer all in one
    Installs no problems . Scans to PC without issue , so communication to printer is good
    Simply will not print, prints just stuck in print que. This printer works perfectly on older PC's (Win7 , xp etc)

Something is really screwed up with Win10 & some printer drivers , only seen this issue in the last few weeks so perhaps a
    bad update ?

I think every time a cumulative update comes out it can screw things up.

One update screwed up wireless adapters. If you used 5 GHz it kept cutting you off. I haven't tried (again) to see if this has been fixed yet.

The other thing with the AU was it kills TPM 1.2 if you use it. Even if you dont use bitlocker. Had a TPM module in this (an ASUS TPM module) for bitlocker

It wouldnt boot after I updated to the AU. If you want to use bitlocker (with the anniversary update), you have to use TPM 2.

So I did, I got a TPM2 module on Ebay

Just a long shot -- Check the network discovery is still on. After an update the other day 1 of my PC's decided to turn it off, while the others were all fine.

Got a call tomorrow, similar thing, haven't tried it yet but I'm taking this with me

HP Print and Scan Doctor

Open the top Option Fix Automatically.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 22-03-2017 at 02:36 PM.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Just a long shot -- Check the network discovery is still on. After an update the other day 1 of my PC's decided to turn it off, while the others were all fine.

Got a call tomorrow, similar thing, haven't tried it yet but I'm taking this with me

HP Print and Scan Doctor
    USB printer, so dont think it will be that. Will check next time though , Doesnt it go into public mode if discovery is off on 10 ? That might explain some things

And another. Just had a ph call .
    Win7 this time & a HP scanner/printer
    Was working 2 weeks ago. Now not , possibly after a winupdate . Their other 7 PC still prints OK to that printer.
    This one again scans perfectly, wont print .

The HP print & scan doctor didnt help when I tried it.
    See if it scans on your job tommorow. Good luck :-) , these prn software issue can cost more in time than the printer is worth. Having to download 300M+ of printer driver
    on slow internet really slows things down when onsite .

Ive also tried UAC off, firewall off .

Always find HP software a PITA to download, usually its Slowwwwwwwwwww even from Within NZ.

Actually had a problem with this a while back, both PC's lost the wireless. Not to sure if its on a static IP or not, something I'll check. When reinstalling the software ( or add new printer) it detects it right away.

Yours being USB is weird.

A thought --- Does the USB have an option to turn off to save power Someplace ?
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Just an update on this, The computer was seeing the HP Printer, but when trying to print an error message saying unavailable.

On looking there was a huge file waiting to be printed in the print queue, cleared that, but still couldn't print. Reset the IP from automatic to Static on the Printer, and all of a sudden it started spitting out pages. Apparently prints can always take a few minutes sometimes to get going, but after setting to a static IP they started printing right away almost.

Have seen in the past that if a shared printer has a hold up in the print queue on one Computer, that it will stop others from printing as well, until its cleared.