Default R.I.P. Chuck Berry

Chuck Berry dead at the grand age of 90.

Radio is playing "Johnny be good" Great music from what seems to be a long lost era!

Ken
    Related to the Queen - by Corgi

Default Re: R.I.P. Chuck Berry

Some music wont ever die.

Crank it up when it plays

RIP.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Survived by his wife Themetta "Toddy" Suggs whom he married in 1948

Great stuff... 69 years married

Ken

Nadine is my favourite Chuck song. RIP.
    Amnesia International, remembering for those that can't.

No trees were harmed in the making of this post but a few electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Smiling Down On Youse SurferJoe46's Avatar

Cool Re: R.I.P. Chuck Berry

Chuck Berry's "No Particular Place To Go" is my favorite: teenager troubles with a faulty seatbelt makes a great story.

My first exposure to him was when we lived in Norfolk Virginia, where "that music" wasn't to be played on the white radio stations. I'd sneak a listen to it when the peeps went out for whatever reason and I got to hear some really exciting music - to my white ears.

To this day I get a certain thrill when I hear his music - as if I'm doing something naughty, and again it brings back the certain punishment if I ever got caught listening to it.

Even with both my peeps dead and I'm the sole patriarch (for the moment) - I still fear that maternal back of the hand if I get caught somehow.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

On another front: My knee is healing well since surgery on Feb 21st, and in a few days it'll be a month old. That's 1/3rd of the way to being able to do a lot of the things that are at the moment, restricted to me.

I guess if my doc and the physical therapist saw me on the roof re-aiming our TV antenna and then cleaning out the wood stove chimney - they'd go ballistic on me.

Why - just today I drove my tractor around to my wood pile and loaded up a 6' x 8' trailer with more firewood for heat. That would get me more than a sideways glance fer-sure!

So-o-o - trying to be somewhat conservative since about 9PM last night - and NOT do anything risky - I tripped over one of my crutches and fell headlong into my bedroom door and falling upon one of my guitar hardcases, spraining the lower calf muscle in - yup - the same leg that just had surgery.

Now since I'm not winning if I do or don't do hazardous things - it's all a crapshoot - right?

Well - my therapist said that the knee itself is NOT damage-able - just muscles and tendons around it might be damaged. We'll see at tomorrows PT session.

I limp a lot today - and I better not do that tomorrow!

Det är trevligt att se snön när jag var inte säker på att jag skulle kunna igen.

Cheeez Joe.
    Amnesia International, remembering for those that can't.

No trees were harmed in the making of this post but a few electrons were terribly inconvenienced.